Search results

1. eric b 125

Back to basics- 29g adventure

I know what you mean about the fish. I have a firefish and a bangaii cardinal...doesn't really get more basic than that, LOL.
  2. eric b 125

How many corals do you have in there? I have 31 small colonies in my tank and weekly 10-15 gallon water changes are keeping my parameters within normal limits.
  3. eric b 125

That's awesome to hear about the growth you're seeing in your corals with the new light. Really looking forward to pictures! What's your stocklist looking like? I only ask because our tanks are similar in more than one regard.
  4. eric b 125

glasscages or something similar?

I would get other quotes and then question why the Glasscages tanks are so much cheaper. I've not heard anything good about Glasscages which is why I've never bought one to see for myself. I personally would not risk a large volume of water in my house in a bargain-bin tank
  5. eric b 125

Congrats on all the progress! I've heard and read a lot of good things about the AI Hydra's. Did you get the HD? Looking forward to pics!
  6. eric b 125

I think double puck would be better.
  7. eric b 125

Large Reef Tank - Pre Build Advice - 150 G to 200 G

To address your price-break question: there is no real way of answering that for you. That's a question that you have to answer for yourself. I probably have $2000 invested in the Biocube 29. The 200DD was exponentially more expensive. Keep in mind that people are able to have beautiful reef...
  8. eric b 125

I downsized, big time. I have a Biocube 29 with a handful of upgrades. I used to love big tanks and spent a boat load of dough on the 200DD. The problem was that I love a lot of other things too, and the big tank became too much of a time commitment for me. I honestly developed a resentment...
  9. eric b 125

I bet you'll see an incredible improvement with the Hydra over the CCLED's. When I switched from the cheap(ish) ReefBreeders to quality lights I saw a marked improvement in growth and color in my frags.
  10. eric b 125

I go through this all the time. Part of the reason I hung on to that 200DD for as long as I did was that I knew I'd regain interest in the hobby sooner than later. That's one of the reasons I like to keep a backup for a lot of the things that regularly need replaced like filter media and RODI...
  11. eric b 125

I had a 200DD and loved its dimensions. It ended up being more time consuming than it was worth to me so I sold all of the equipment for pennies to the dollar and gave the tank and stand away.
  12. eric b 125

They always do buddy.
  13. eric b 125

I'm sorry things are rough for you right now man
  14. eric b 125

How's it going Seth?
  15. eric b 125

Starting a 29g bio cube

Here is a link to my BC29 build: https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/index.php?threads/sticks-and-stones-bc29.400620/
  16. eric b 125

Starting a 29g bio cube

There used to be "sticky" threads at the top of the New Hobbyist forum, but I don't see them anymore. You'll want to look up how to cycle a tank and learn about the nitrogen cycle before you get started. I recently went from a 200 gallon reef to a 29BC and honestly couldn't be happier. They...
  17. eric b 125

It's annoying when life shows up like that. I always try to have a spare/replacement/backup everything so I don't get caught in a pinch. It's not always possible, though. Come to think of it, I should probably order some replacement cartridges for my RODI as well...
  18. eric b 125

I also had some weird brown algae in my tanks with the ReefBreeders. It went away in the 200DD after I treated the GHA and Dino's. Now that I have experienced decent LED's, I'm very happy with them and won't skimp on cheaper lights again. The principle cost is well worth it.
  19. eric b 125

I'm not suggesting anything. I was just asking if you've considered it. It sounds like you have them set at a good color combination/ intensity if you're getting good color/growth from your corals.
  20. eric b 125

Have you considered increasing your photoperiod?