Search results

1. eric b 125

Adding more fish to QT

I've had a flame angel, midas blenny, and firefish in QT for a few weeks now. I thought I was at 1.009 for a while, but yesterday I realized a bunch of ich spots on the flame angel. The spots are gone this morning. I checked again and the QT is more like 1.010-1.011. I was thinking of...
  2. eric b 125

Blonde naso tang or naso tang...

I have a purple tang, flame angel, fire fish, and midas blenny. Next order (in two weeks) will include a powder blue tang, green clown goby, mandarin, 3 bangai cardinals (maybe) and either a naso or blonde naso tang. Tank is 200 gallon deep dimension.
  3. eric b 125

How long do you store SW before using it?

I usually mix a fresh 30 gallons the day of, or the day after, a water change. That way I always have at least 30 gallons of mixed SW in case an emergency WC is needed. I typically have around 30 gallons of FW as well, that I use to top off my ATO reservoir that I can mix into SW. That being...
  4. eric b 125

How to suspend plumbing in stand

What can I use to support horizontal runs of pvc under my stand? It's a Marineland Monterey 200DD stand and the plumbing will have horizontal runs under the top of the stand (not near the vertical side supports).
  5. eric b 125

Smaller place, bigger tank...My 200DD build

I started this hobby about 7 years ago with a 55 gallon FO with a SeaClone protein skimmer. It didn’t take long for me to loathe the dimensions of standard 55 gallon tanks. I soon upgraded to an undrilled 125 that went through it’s own progression of lights, powerheads, and various overflows...
  6. eric b 125

Countdown to the big move...and tank upgrade

After 6 weeks of a temporary living arrangement I will be moving to the new place on Friday :). I was planning on getting a few pieces of equipment while at the temporary place, but I decided not to buy anything else until I have a structural engineer look at the building that I'm moving to. I...