Search results

1. C

Please help my angelfish

I've had the fish for about 3 weeks. He is in a 125 gallon reef tank. He was fine up until today eating and swimming around. We took him out of the main tank to put him in quarantine hence the jar to get a better picture.
  2. C

Please help my angelfish

So this morning my angel is covered in this white stuff and isn't doing too well. What is it and what should I do?
  3. C

i just went to a zoo they had real cool saltwater fish

Barnacle Blennies also make a great addition.
  4. C

Starfish?

Where would you buy them?
  5. C

Starfish?

Hi everyone. I currently have a 4 gallon reef tank with an emerald crab, hermit crab, two snails, and a barnacle blenny. I was wondering if there are any starfish that may be suitable for this size tank.
  6. C

Diatoms or cyano?

You can also try a sand sifting goby worked wonders in my 125.
  7. C

Please help with this starfish identification

Hi I bought this star fish a while ago and was told by my LFS that it was a sand sifting star. I don't think he is as he never goes in the sand and stays on the rocks/glass. I think he might be a tan fromia but there is some debate. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks!
  8. C

Starfish Identification Help

So when I bought this starfish I was told it was a sandsifting star. It has never once sifted any sand and stays on the glass or rocks. I am thinking it is a tan fromia but there has been a lot of debate. Does anyone here have any idea? Thanks for your help!
  9. C

Refugium help

Thanks!
  10. C

Refugium help

Jorge, Can you post a picture of your set up? It's seems you have what I am trying to do.
  11. C

Refugium help

I have a 46 gallon bowfront reef tank with a sump containing bioballs. I want to add a refugium but my sump is too small and hang ons are small. I have room to put a 10 gallon aquarium behind the sump but I am not sure how I would make one into a refugium and connect it to the sump. Any...
  12. C

Mini Carpet Anemone

What is the minimum size tank you would suggest putting these in? Would it work in a 4 gallon nano reef tank?
  13. C

New 3-4 gallon nano reef

Thanks. Yea I don't think I am going to put and fish in it. Probably the mini carpet anemone and some sexy shrimp. Possibly a snail or two and some corals.
  14. C

New 3-4 gallon nano reef

Thanks for all your suggestions. Would this tank be too small for a mini maxi carpet anemone?
  15. C

Dwarf Seahorses

Hi. I'm thinking about starting a dwarf seahorse tank and I know they only eat live baby brine shrimp. It seems very time consuming to do this twice a day so I was thinking about putting a continuous hatch and feed in the tank...
  16. C

New 3-4 gallon nano reef

Hi, I just started by very first nano reef. It's approximately 3-4 gallons and it currently cycling with some live rock and live sand. I was hoping to get some peoples input on a good light to get for it as well as some corals and maybe a good fish. Really any advise from experienced nano...
  17. C

Blue Hippo Tang

Thanks I'm 95% sure its Head and Lateral Line Erosion. Any suggestions on what I should do. I don't want it to be permanently disfigured.
  18. C

Blue Hippo Tang

Hi. I have a small blue hippo tang that has developed black spots maybe white spots (depends on the light) and mostly looks like the blue is peeling off. I would take pictures but you can't see anything in the picture. Does anyone have any idea what this might be or how to treat it?
  19. C

Please help. Unwanted guest?

Hey can someone please tell me what this critter is. I found him on my glass today and I don't know if he is harmful to my reef tank or not. It looks like he has cob webs or slime coming from him.
  20. C

Purchasing Corals and Anemones

Hey, does anyone know of a good website or websites to purchase corals and/or anemones at reasonable prices? Also I would love to get a christmas tree worm rock. Thanks for your help!