Search results

1. lmforbis

Need Help... My fish are dying

None of these will kill ich. You need to do a proper treatment Of all fish in A qt tank Then let your tank sir fishless (fallow) for 72 days to allow the ich to die off. sea horses need to be kept in a low temp species only tank. They can’t compete for food max on damsel, none would be best...
  2. lmforbis

need some help

It is well known that salinity at 1.020 won’t get rid of ich. It may suppress it but it won’t kill it. increasing the temp will speed the life cycle slightly but it won’t kill ich. The temp necessary to kill ich is very high and will kill everything else. Keep in mind, ich is present in the...
  3. lmforbis

need some help

Definitely looks like ich. Unfortunately your tank is now infected. You need to remove the all fish (I assume you just have the clowns) and treat them. You need to keep your tank fishless for 72 days to allow the ich to die off.
  4. lmforbis

What is this? Help, please

Flat worms I think
  5. lmforbis

Green brittle starfish

Yep
  6. lmforbis

Green brittle starfish

They have all managed to find their way out of tanks that were, I thought sealed.
  7. lmforbis

I think my anemone is dead

You need a very intense light to keep an anemone. It is very likely what you have is not adequate. it is possible the foot was torn when you bought it which is pretty much a death sentence. If you think it is dying, and based on the pick I’d agree, remove it. It will pollute your tank and...
  8. lmforbis

I think my anemone is dead

It doesn't look good. I can’t be sure But based on only the one pic I’d say it is heading that way. If you answer the questions below it will be easier to help. What kind of lights do you have? What are your water parameters? How long have you had it? Slow decline or fast decline?
  9. lmforbis

Green brittle starfish

I’ve had several snow flake morays. I never had any problems with them until inevitably the managed to escape.
  10. lmforbis

Curing dry rock

You don’t cure with bleach. The purpose of curing is to grow bacteria on the rock. You can clean the rock with bleach then cure it. As to whether the coral will stay attached if you bleach the rock, probably.
  11. lmforbis

Randomly dying fish

Was the sick Pygmy angel in the tank? In what way was he sick?
  12. lmforbis

Looking for help with my water

It takes a long time. You can use a filter sock so the outflow of your filter goes through it to clear the water. It works pretty good. Just don’t leave it there, clean in DI water and dry until you need it again.
  13. lmforbis

Petsmart Return/Exchange Policy?

16 years old, LOL
  14. lmforbis

Feeding Lionfish,

Lion fish are amazing eating.
  15. lmforbis

Keeping Foxface Rabbitfish together?!

Always Buy fish for the tank you have not the one you want. get The larger fish when you are set up to deal with them. Keep in mind tank mates. Anything smaller than the lions mouth will get eaten. Lions have very large mouths.
  16. lmforbis

Keeping Foxface Rabbitfish together?!

I’d say no. Only one. These fish get to be quite large. The video shows very young fish What works for young fish doesn’t work for adults. Unless you have a very large tank in Excess of 300 gal it isn’t going to work. Your other post indicates you want a large lion as well. Tank size...
  17. lmforbis

Feeding Lionfish,

First question. How big is your tank. These are very big fish?
  18. lmforbis

New 55 gal set-up

Toy are right. Rock needs to be directly on top of the bottom of the tank with sand filled around . The live rock on the bottom isn’t contributing much to the bio filtration because your sand bed is so deep. More rock will provide better biofiltration as well as a more natural habitat for the...
  19. lmforbis

New 55 gal set-up

There is little you can do that looks like an eel except an eel. A snowflake moray is pretty small. The negative is they are escape artists and the tank needs to be able to prevent that. A plastic mesh cover will work. I’ve had several they are easy to keep. good with fish as long as the...
  20. lmforbis

New 55 gal set-up

An engineer goby will literally take your tank apart every single day. I wouldn’t recommend them.