Search results

1. kirshman

freezing selcon

I'm getting ready to make a batch of my own fish food. Have some clams, shrimp, crab, etc. Gonna add some seaweed to it as well. I was wondering if I can add the selcon before I freeze it; it would obviously be much more convenient to add all at once and freeze then have to add it every day...
  2. kirshman

dwarf angel or fairy wrasse in a 29

Title pretty much says it. I'm not planning to upgrade, so is there a dwarf angel or fairy wrasse that can live well for its lifetime in a 29. Mine will be a reef, primarily softies with maybe a few sps.
  3. kirshman

cooking rocks?

So this is something I'm unfamiliar with. I've seen some of the posts talking about cooking rocks so they don't leach phosphates. Is this a good idea with all base rock and live rock. If so, what does the process look like?
  4. kirshman

getting ready for a 20l build

I've got one more decision to make before I kick it off. I'm trying to decide whether to put another 20l underneath with Skimmer/return/fuge sections or do a 10 for the Skimmer/return and a Rubbermaid for fuge. I'm worried if I have the fuge built in with the rest the light for the macros will...
  5. kirshman

qt for new fish

When you qt a new fish do you always do it in hypo salinity or do you put it in normal parameters and if it shows signs of disease the hypo it?
  6. kirshman

Return pump help

Hey everyone, I'm in the prep stages of putting up a new tank. I'm going to have a 20l display with a 20l sump/fuge. I'm planning on splitting the fuge sump into 3 sections, skimmer on one end, fuge on the other, with return pump between. I've got a glass holes overflow, the super nano con...
  7. kirshman

2 questions - macro lighting and cycle

Hi again, been out of the hobby for 4 years and just getting back. In the past when I've cycled I've used the dead shrimp method and the ghost feeding method to cycle. Are there new better methods or stick with tried and true? Also with macros, what do you use for the lights on a fuge? I'm...
  8. kirshman

20 Gal L LED lighting

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I searched the forum and can't find an answer. I've been out of the hobby for 4 years and a lot has changed. Would a couple of 60 degree par38's be best or are people using some sort of led strip for this size tank? I'd like to keep mostly softies...