Search results

1. chrisely24

Reefapalooza 2016 who's going?

I already booked my hotel room for Fri to Mon at the convention hotel. First time going for me, should be fun!
  2. chrisely24

Help Needed ASAP please..

I think i screwed up big time. I was testing my water tonight after no having tested alkalinity in a long while and I somehow got a brain fart and used ro/di water as my test sample. Naturaly the api test read that the dkh was 1 or lower. I used the BRS calculator and came up with needing to...
  3. chrisely24

Ordered this yesterday.

http://www.addictiveaquaculture.com/dosing-pumps-parts-accessories/19-jebao-auto-dosing-pump-dp-4.html?search_query=dosing+kit&results=2 Hopefully it works ok. I'll post when it comes in.
  4. chrisely24

What is going on with my Scolly?

The Scolly was all the way out to the edges about a week ago and now it looks as if it is retracting. It is eating good when I feed it. I just checked my salinity tonight and it is at 30. I have been busy and have not checked it in a while. I am mixing water now to do a 20 gallon change and...
  5. chrisely24

Question about stocking limits.

I have a 90 and a 65, I want to get rid of the 65. The 65 contains 1 brittle, 1 fire shrimp, a few hermits, a few snails 1 small Clownfish (I have to get rid of him) and a 5.5 to 6" Foxface. The 90 has 3 Mollies, 5 small to medium sized PJ's, 1 Maroon clown, 1 Coral Beauty. I am wondering...
  6. chrisely24

One of my black darwins went carpet surfing and died.

I had the 2 darwins in my 65 fowlr tank. I have a single maroon clown in the 90 reef. I was wondering if it would be safe to put the darwin in the 90 also? If I do that I can rehome my foxface and move my brittle and shrimp to the 90 and tear down the 65 altogether. Any thoughts?
  7. chrisely24

I guess my urchin like my GSP

8. chrisely24

I.D please.

Picture quality kinda sucks but, I had this little yellow hard spot on a rock that has a mushroom on that I got a few months back. I just noticed that it was a lot bigger than it was before. I see now that it is a little clam of some sort with a yellow skirt around it. It closes up whenever I...
  9. chrisely24

New Kessil coming out soon AP700

Here is a link. http://www.kessil.com/aquarium/Saltwater_AP700.php
  10. chrisely24

Jebao DCT 6000

I just ordered one yesterday. The pump I have now takes for ever to start up after I unplug it or power goes out. I was afraid one day it might not come on at all. The pump got pretty good reviews and has a nice 10 speed controller with feed setting. Ill post more when I get it set up this weekend.
  11. chrisely24

Algae I.D

I am not sure what kind of algae I am dealing with in my reef tank. I don't get this kind of algae in my FOWLR. The pictures are not the clearest but as you can see it is everywhere, looks like little plants growing on the sand. I clean it off and it is right back the next day. I am running a...
  12. chrisely24

Spectrapure 90gpd Piggyback

I had to order replacement filters for my SP 90gpd so I went ahead and ordered the piggyback kit also. I finally got around to actually doing some math today. Right now with a 100psi booster pump and 50psi reading on the dial using the full length of flow restrictor that came with the kit, it...
  13. chrisely24

White fuzzy algae

I did have the normal brown algae on the glass for a while (Running GFO and Carbon reactor) Now I have a fine white fuzzy algae on the glass. It comes off easily with the magnet but what could it be?
  14. chrisely24

Need I.D help please.

Sorry the pics are not very good, I still haven't found out how to take good pics of the tank. The 2nd pic has something on the right side of the rock next to the bubble looking coral. The 3rd pic is 2 closed up polyps with some alien looking thing growing in between it looks to be almost a...
  15. chrisely24

Made it 7 months with the filters on my RO/DI

I just noticed last weekend that my TDS had risen to 1. I went ahead and ordered the 3 filters (carbon, D.I, and the pre-filter). I went ahead and got the 90 gpd piggyback from spectrapure also. It will be nice to make water twice as fast or close to it. I hope it doesn't make too much of a...
  16. chrisely24

Things growing in refugium.

I have noticed maybe 10 or so whitish little puffy things growing in and around the live rock in my sump. I haven't taken a pic yet but, They resemble spider egg sacs. I have done some research and all i can come up with is pineapple sponges. I have them in the 90g reef sump and also in the...
  17. chrisely24

Anyone have a Bubble magus Curve 5?

I bought it last week and I cannot seem to get the water level right. I ran it in 50/50 vinegar solution for 24 hours, rinsed it and I tried it at the 10 or 11" it recomends for a few hours. It was overflowing. I made a little platform for it and it was at around 9.5 inches and I left it on...
  18. chrisely24

Question about calcium and other additives.

I only have a few easy to maintain corals in my 90 right now. All my test levels, I.E Cal, Alk are at the bare minimums of what I read they should be. The few corals in the tank seem to be doing ok after 3 weeks. Should I be adding anything to the tank to help nourish or help feed the filter...
  19. chrisely24

What is the next step

Finally got the 90 ready (I think). Tank is cycled, and rock is in. Please comment on my rock placement as I suck at any type of decorating. My Cal is at 400, KH at 125, Phos between 0.5 and 1.0 I would like to know what the next step is, what chemicals do I need to buy to keep my levels up or...
  20. chrisely24

Condensation inside of tank stand

I am getting a nice "dew" inside of everything in my sump area. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't happen on my 65 setup but the back of that stand is open whereas the 90 is fully enclosed. Any thoughts?