Search results

1. Bryce E

Anyone know what this is?

I'm trying to identify this. It's on a piece of rock that I've had for a few months. I just noticed it because I moved this to another tank. It's on the bottom side of the rock which was laying on top of sand in its previous tank and is now exposed as you can see. It a lost looks to have a slit...
  2. Bryce E

Good skimmer for a decent price

Hey guys and girls. My newest tank is in dire need of a skimmer. I Got one for my birthday (it was a large Chinese off brand skimmer) I haven't worried about setting it up yet because my system is pretty new but it is now a past time and I am in desperate need of one. The one I have is simply...
  3. Bryce E

Nostalgia... Cause sometimes it's the little things.

I was recently down in Mexico and went to a nice restaurant right on the coast. They had a saltwater holding tank for the Abalone they served. I's very popular and it doesn't stay in there long. I love to try new things so I ordered some. It was as fresh as it gets and it was AMAZING. It was a...
  4. Bryce E

Peppermint shrimp

So I have a couple of glass anemones that I want to get rid of so I got a peppermint shrimp. I've only ever had them in fish only or critter tanks. I didn't even think about the possible risk of him going after my coral. I have a Green Goniopora in the tank that I just added the peppermint to...
  5. Bryce E

Live Mysid shrimp

I found a tiny little shrimp in my 15 gallon... I've never noticed one like this before in any tank I've ever had. It was small and clear and looked like a tiny little ghost shrimp. As I was looking around in the same area I noticed several of them. After looking online I believe they are Mysid...
  6. Bryce E

Zoa Pox?

I recently got some Zoanthids and they did great for about 2 weeks then they started closing up and and have white spots on them. From what I've found it is what's called "zoa pox". It certainly doesn't look good for them and they are starting to die. I asked the lfs where I bought them about it...
  7. Bryce E

Fireworms and Coral

I have a Green Goniopora coral and just noticed that a fireworm has made itself at home inside of it's skeleton. Not sure if it will irritate the coral or not as it appears to be healthy. I have not heard of fireworms really harming any corals other than Gargonians. Not that I am a fan of these...