Search results

1. K

starting a seahorse tank for my son and I

Koralia nano would work too if I put some filter or sponge over it so the can't hitch correct?
  2. K

What's a seahorse safe power head? I have a 55 gallon should I put two? One on each end to help circulate the water?
  3. K

I don't see it but I'll look through the forum for it. In the morning I'm taking a trip to one of the LFS near my work and stopping in to see if they have everything mentioned and get the project going.
  4. K

Awesome and pipe fish were being considered. I might get a blenny too but I will wait until the tank is running and cycled before picking out the inhabitants. What are some good books to pick up and have on hand for references? Thanks again
  5. K

Also what about copepods? Should I try seeding the tank with those and buying green water and raising some? I can get frozen food but I'd like something for them to stay busy with. I'll hatch brine shrimp too since I have some from my breeding phantom and dragon guppy days.
  6. K

Thanks for the info! It's not a full hex tank though it's a half hex long like a bow front just hex front. I was wondering if it was ok to add decorations like you mentioned or if it would have to be just dry rock. I'm definitely adding macro to the tank. But if it's OK to put decoration with...
  7. K

That makes sense. Plus if I have to add water or do a water change I can have that on hand to mix.
  8. K

OK now what filter's would recommend with the 55 gallon front hex? Also links or pictures would be helpful. I'll be picking up the start up essentials either tomorrow or Saturday. Another noob question would be if I buy the instant ocean salt the 15 pounds bag covers the 50 gallons. Would I also...
  9. K

I've been doing a lot of reading on seahorse care and the different seahorses. I am used to tropical fresh water fish. My infant loves watching them and I've wanted to start a seahorse tank for years and haven't gotten around to starting one yet. My question is can I use my 55 gallon hex front...