1. mandy111

380g to 1000g !!

I live in Australia It's a place called Starfire aquatics
  2. mandy111

380g to 1000g !!

Hahaha. Does look a bit like that I suppose But no. None for sale
  3. mandy111

Don't join the saltwater group on Facebook

That group has a pinned post Stating it's not actually a fish forum It's a group of people that just make fun I was not one in that conversation But if you want to talk reefing it's not the one Promise you that P.S You held your own well There is plenty of other fb groups that are...
  4. mandy111

380g to 1000g !!

Concrete floors And plenty of room
  5. mandy111

380g to 1000g !!

hi Our 2yr old reef tank has sold And we are about 1 month away from delivery of our new build (sad in a way) Thought I would share New build 8.5 x 5 x 2.4 starfire peninsular 6 x 3.5 x 2 racetrack sump All corals & existing stock will be moved over once plumbed & scaped Very exciting
  6. mandy111

380g mixed reef

Skimmer / reactors Rock softies Chateau 5kg matrix Rock cuc Return
  7. mandy111

380g mixed reef

The first generation gyres were god awful Nothing but issues with some of the worst customer service I've ever seen But the new series I believe is much better So we have just ordered a new tank build & are purchasing the new xf280 Hope is better
  8. mandy111

Need help with ammonia

They are not just big Eaters but big waste producers too You've not got enough bacteria yet to convert the new larger bioload added to the tank Keep up the water changes Your bacteria will eventually catch up if you have enough surface area for it to grow Meanwhile use Seachem prime Daily...
  9. mandy111

1guydude picture thread

This was the tank 1yr old
  10. mandy111

1guydude picture thread

Here's my slice of reef Now 15mnths old and ticking along Nicely
  11. mandy111

Elegance Coral Looking Stressed

0 on both nitrate & phos will cause issues All lps need food They need nutrients in the water I suggest Nitrates <10 Phos <0.05 Medium flow medium light Target feed some Brine or mysis
  12. mandy111

380g mixed reef

Hi. Been a while since posted New tank is 14 months old now Ticking along nicely. This video was taken at 8mntts of age Hope you enjoy
  13. mandy111

7 x 2.5 x 2.5 Aussie peninsular build !

Thank You very much :)
  14. mandy111

10 Months old today.

Thank you This lot were added at all the same time. So there has been no issues. We have tried to add another since and it didn't work So this is it for now.
  15. mandy111

2 different questions... Oily Water surface and blue tang diet

Tangs love seaweed/nori and macro out the sump.
  16. mandy111

2 different questions... Oily Water surface and blue tang diet

Oily film can be proteins not being skimmed efficiently. Increase surface movement. And make sure skimmer is working 100%.
  17. mandy111

Large Reef Tank - Pre Build Advice - 150 G to 200 G

yeah i hear you !!! To be totally honest we have a 380g that has cost us about $20,000 including corals and fish. We are currently upgrading to a 600g and haven't had the bill yet . eeekkk.
  18. mandy111

I would love to be able to answer that with some clarity, but for one I am in Australia so our pricing is far more expensive than yours. There is also too many variables. custom made tank vs all one. German made skimmer vs Aqua one skimmer. Gyre power head vs Tunze. some of the good quality...
  19. mandy111

Can I just ask please, me being dumb. what do you mean your after the price point break ? Price for a larger system can vary considerably - eg. 1 gyre at $400 will be ok for flow but 4 Tuzes will be $1500.00 will do better. Its like this with all equipment.
  20. mandy111

New upgrade and build begins ! eeek

Thanks, scary though. Very very scary.