Search results

1. kdsealyon

My 20 gallon update

:) You are probably right. My way of thinking is usually way off lol.
  2. kdsealyon

My 20 gallon update

Yes, he is a very young crab. No contaminants in the water. No I do not use tap water. I mix my own water. I've work with hermit crabs too for over a decade and the molts in young ones are the same. My crab is happy and healthy.
  3. kdsealyon

My 20 gallon update

Thanks to everybody's advice I now have a beautiful 20 gallon cycled tank with several waterbabies. My crab is molting every two weeks! Please see photos attached. Thanks everyone!
  4. kdsealyon

Bumble Bee goby not eating

I moved my BB Goby into a ten gallon cycled brackish tank with opeas yesterday. She is not eating. All she eats are frozen bloodworms and she is not interested. I tried to garlic her worms and she did not like that either. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm really worried aobut her. Help...
  5. kdsealyon

Bumblee Goby from Brackish to full Saltwater?

Can I acclimate my bumblebee goby to full saltwater? Brackish water is 1.018. Thanks
  6. kdsealyon

Help dwarf seahorse stuck at birth

How odd. Maybe the one is a preemie or something was wrong with it so it was spontaneously aborted? I don't know anything about seahorses, except that they are mystical and beautiful.
  7. kdsealyon

I'm so sorry. What about the other babies? Are they doing okay?
  8. kdsealyon

Phosphate in cycling tank

BTW The definition of genocide is the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation. I did not deliberately kill them, No one did.
  9. kdsealyon

Well the one is still doing fine. I'm hoping there are more in there and I just can't see them.
  10. kdsealyon

Yes they are brackish. Salinity 1.014 which is perfect for breeding. :)
  11. kdsealyon

They suddenly just died except one left now. All parameters were okay except the phosphate which was a little high. They even had babies, so I'm just blown away. My saltwater hermit crabs and snails are fine. The mass die off is just bizarre to me. What gets me is I see no bodies either, and...
  12. kdsealyon

Gotcha! I have a little opae shrimp tank, and the algae is everywhere. I've been doing changes every day. Can phosphate kill the opae?
  13. kdsealyon

Does phosphate go up in a cycling tank and then go down? Does it cause white algae? I wipe it off the glass, and it is back the next day. The phosphate is at a 1 using API - That's all they had at ***** and I paid over $40 for the kit.
  14. kdsealyon

What a wee little thing. I'm so sorry Robert. I sure hope it makes it.
  15. kdsealyon

Looking to start a 120 gallon reef tank

Pegasus is right. The bigger the better. I have a 20 gal I'm cycling due to a spike that killed everything but my snails and crab. With my ten gallon, I'm checking it every single day, because something can go wrong in the blink of an eye. I'd love to have a 150 gal tank!
  16. kdsealyon

cloudy tank

My crab is picky too. Whoever said crabs will eat anything hasn't met Little Toot. She will not eat seaweed at all. She shoves it out of the way. She will not eat the same meat every day. It has to be something new, She has the choice of a piece of silverside, krill, clams,bloodworms, or...
  17. kdsealyon

cloudy tank

Ordered! I ordered a small one to see if they will eat it.
  18. kdsealyon

cloudy tank

BettaMin Tropical Medley is the red flake food. I'm going to go see of Cobalt Mysis Spirulina is on amazon. Thanks
  19. kdsealyon

Bought a frag from my LFS

Like a really cool crab! mwhahaha
  20. kdsealyon

cloudy tank

Looks like my gobies will have to starve. They swim up to the shrimp and then turn their little fins up at it and move on looking for something they prefer.