Search results

1. D

What fish can I add?

Current fish: Blenny Threadfin Butterfly Coral Beauty 2 Clowns What kind of fish can I add? I wanted another butterfly but heard that is not good. Bicolor Angel? Any other suggestions? Thanks!
  2. D

Coral Beauty holes in tail and fins

Got a CB 2 a week ago. He is still not aggressively eating but I do have a bunch of live rock so probably grazing. Since I got him he is developing holes in tail and fins, getting all ragged looking. Will this improve with regular water changes and feeding him well?
  3. D

Acceptable TDI for FOWLR?

I have a TDI reading of 36ppm out of my hose. Can I use this for water changes? I have an RO/DI but it takes a day and a half to fill 30 gallons. I have a 125 FOWLR with live rock. I wanted to see if this was acceptable as I will likely do more water changes. Thanks!
  4. D

Ich?

I have a 125 fowlr. Just added a harlequin tusk, I notice something that may be ich but still not sure. 1 blenny, 2 clowns and 1 dotty in tank, nothing else. I have been adding prime daily for past 2 days, any ideas if and how I should treat tank? Thanks!
  5. D

Lawnmower Blenny

I have a 125 with plenty of rock, had one lawnmower Blenny for about a month. Added another one, same size last week and the first one bullied it to death. Any thing I did wrong?
  6. D

Harlequin Tusk

I have a 125 FOWLR. Currently in tank: 2 snowflake clowns 2 Lawnmower Blennys 1 yellow goby Question: Is getting a Harlequin Tusk a good idea?
  7. D

Sand and Rock in Hawaii

I live in Hawaii. Is it reasonable to think I can get sand and rock from beach to start my 150 gallon tank? What am I looking at $ to get this thing started (fish only) minus cost of fish? Thanks!
  8. D

Changing color or tank borders

Hi all, I have a 150g tank that has oak color borders and an oak/pine cabinet stand. I plan on staining the stand an espresso color and was wondering if anyone knows if they sell some type of sticker etc so I can make the set-up uniform? Do I just need to paint it? Thanks!
  9. D

Advice for 150 gallon set up

Hi all, great site! I was able to obtain a 150g tank and Oak stand for $500, hope that was a good deal. I have been reading about set-ups, seems like enthusiasts prefer a sump over a canister. Right now I do not have the time or funds to put much more into a tank, I was wondering if a...