Search results

1. D

Help identifing

Found swimming around my tank with the lights off near the top half. Has a head black eyes body the narrows down to a tail. Swims like a snake would under water but really fast. Any ideas? Good or bad?
  2. D

Help identifing

3. D

What type of algae?

Need help identifying what type of algae this is right middle half of rock. It grows and spreads in a mat.Dark purple reddish color. Feels and looks like velvet. Does not smell does not blow off with a turkey baster at all but can be pealed off of rock with some effort like a moss. Don't believe...
  4. D

What type of algae?

5. D

Pagoda cup coral reproducing?

Thanks for the reply I looked up tunicates that's what they look like. Crazy the life that grows in our tanks that we didn't know was there
  6. D

Did my pagoda cup coral reproduce or is this some kind of encrusting sponge or something? Curious because it and my cup coral are the exact same color and it's starting to develop little bubbles that look like mouths. I'd don't have this color encrusting going on any where else in my 60 gallon...
  7. D

Bottom left is the sponge thingy forming on the side of the rock where my pagoda sits
  8. D

Did my pagoda cup coral reproduce or is this some kind of encrusting sponge or something? Curious because it and my cup coral are the exact same color and it's starting to develop little bubbles that look like mouths. I'd don't have this color encrusting going on any where else in my 60 gallon...
  9. D

First SPS trial was a success...

Good tip!
  10. D

Need a little help identifing

Need a little expert help identifying three corals. I think I identified based on pictures online but not sure. 1)maze brain coral 2) acan but he's not puffy/ fuzzy looking like the ones I see in pictures. 3) some type of entrusting monti looks just like a piece of chocolate though in my tank so...
  11. D

Thanks for the identification. It was a cup coral. Starting to take off so far. Doing really good.
  12. D

Has long green tubes that come out. Thanks
  13. D

Zombie coral

Thanks for the advice. I'll start working on it.
  14. D

Zombie coral

15. D

Zombie coral

16. D

Zombie coral

Thanks for the reply. Looked up cyanbateria but not sure. It not hairy and does blow off easy. I was worried because I have some other red patches growing on my live rock. But all feels smooth more like paint. So not sure if it's the same thing but could be. Uploaded some pics.
  17. D

inherited salt water fish tank need help

Tank is doing alot better and I'm already becoming addicted lol. Got a few new fish and some coral. Had to get rid of the humbug damsel as he was stressing out everything new I added. Had to remove everything in the tank just to catch him but everything in the tank seems more at peace and...
  18. D

Zombie coral

I have an old coral that I'm not sure what it use to be. Was in the tank already when I took it over. I believed it was dead. Completely covered in algae all over and really dirty. I thought the white skeleton underneath would look nice in the tank. So I just ran the whole thing under really hot...
  19. D

Need help identifing please

2ND pic birds nest? Not sure has neon green polpys that come out. It broke.