Search results

1. sberto

RO/DI unit

so, I took the advice of everyone and bought an RO/DI unit. I bought second hand the BRS 75gpd value unit. I bought all new filters for it. The membrane I couldn't locally find a 75gpd one so I put an 80gpd in. Fired it up, the bypass flush function works great. But when I close that valve, I...
  2. sberto

One heck of an algae problem

Well, Im posting in the New Hobbyists part because I dont think I'll ever pass being a rookie at this. Anyhow, this will be a long read, but I need some help. Ill start, 5 years ago (I know...), I started a 90g reef tank with a canister filter, lots of powerheads and current USA Marine PRO LED...
  3. sberto

Maxspect gyre

Is there any way to set the gyre to factory default? I can't seem to adjust my constant flow setting (or any setting for that matter) on my gyre. Seems to wind right up and quit. I have the 130. Thanks!
  4. sberto

Bought a used tank...help!

Hey there salt water friends. Well. I bought a "new" tank that I pickup tomorrow. 90g with the corner overflow. I've been reading a lot about sumps and hear that the herbie style overflow is the way to go. However this one I bought doesn't have it. I'm wondering if I can convert? Any...
  5. sberto

Hydra 52HD vs Radion Gen 2

Hey all, I'm having a bit of lighting dilemma. I was originally going good to go with the new Hydra 52 HD. however, now have a line on a used Radion Gen 2 for a bit less than the Hydra. My tank is 36x36x24deep. Mostly LPS with a few beginner SPS and two RBTA's. Just looking for some...
  6. sberto

Tank build

Hey all, Well I'm at the final steps of the new tank build. The plan is a 120g 'superman' style display with a 40g sump. I'm looking At mostly softies but will have a few SPS's as well as some fish. Looking at putting Hawaiian black sand (90lbs), 100lbs of live rock, 1 Hydra 52HD, in sump...
  7. sberto

LED lights

Well as my tank build continues, I'm looking at upgrading my lights. I'm looking at the Hydra 52HD. To my understanding they are plenty for SPS or LPS, and they are fairly easy to program. My other option would be the Radions. Which I hear are a little more difficult to program, however a...
  8. sberto

Loaded post...

Hey everyone, Well a few months ago I posted about my not so well RBTA. And through lots...and I mean lots of reading, it was nursed back to health, and even split a few weeks ago...now I have two nice looking RBTA's in my tank. I posted a picture...the top two are when it wasn't doing so...
  9. sberto

MaxSpect Gyre

well I finally got my Gyre in the mail the other day. WHAT A UNIT! I love how much water it movs and how small it is, and virtually silent. I feel I'm not using its full potential though. Right now I have it on pulse mode, about 50% every 3seconds. I sped it up to .4 seconds and that was...
  10. sberto

Anemone Help...PLEASE

Hey All....well I am posting this to the new hobbyist page because I am definitely far from the experienced! A little background, I set up my salt water tank about 3 years ago...its a 90g tank, no sump. Two power heads (patiently awaiting my Gyre to arrive). Orbit Marine PRO LED light...