2. Jesterrace

Jester's upgraded 90 gallon tank

And my Melanurus Wrasse Continues it's transition from Juvie to Adult:
  3. Jesterrace

Forgot to post my Chaeto Growth Update. Here it is after a month:
  4. Jesterrace

I tried a Black Background and it looked like crap. Corals and Fish didn't care for it much either (My Frogspawn and Hammer were visibly retracted despite no other changes at the time and the fish struggled to adjust to it and spent more time in hiding) and since it is in a somewhat brighter...
  5. Jesterrace

Growth update on my Melanurus Wrasse as it transitions from juvie to adult:
  6. Jesterrace

New Sump Light and Chaeto growth:
  7. Jesterrace

new to the hobby

Possum or Pink Streaked Wrasses are excellent choices, it will definitely make your tank more unique.
  8. Jesterrace

new to the hobby

I am going to disagree on the inch per gallon or 5 gallon, etc. as it just doesn't translate to saltwater fish at all as it does not factor level of activity, temperament, etc. A Firefish and a Pygmy Angel both get about 3 inches in length when fully grown but anyone who has owned or even...
  9. Jesterrace

New tank help

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't be using local beach sand, seawater, etc. Parasites, waste and other issues are a real factor in a small captive environment and they can easily kill all life in a tank.
  10. Jesterrace

New to Saltwater / What size tank is too hard to start with?

FYI, cube tanks don't provide the best use of space. Among the most useful sizes IMHO are 20 Long, 40 Breeder, 75-90 gallon, 125 gallon, etc. 20 Long will work for 3-4 small fish but that's about it. 40 Breeder can add some more smaller fish as well as something like a Pygmy Angel (smaller...
  11. Jesterrace

The Pajama Cardinalfish:
  12. Jesterrace

The Melanurus Wrasse:
  13. Jesterrace

The One Spot Foxface:
  14. Jesterrace

The Blue Star Leopard Wrasse:
  15. Jesterrace

Species Spotlights: The Coral Beauty:
  16. Jesterrace

Inheriting a 65 gallon, new to saltwater

I agree on the Tang. About the only one I would feel comfortable recommending for that size tank would be a Tomini or maybe a Squaretail (they max out between 6-6.5 inches and tend to cruise the rockwork rather than being open water swimmers). I had a Yellow Tang in my 90 gallon and he tried...
  17. Jesterrace

Honestly, it didn't enhance the tank. Other than covering up the wires from the powerheads and tank heater it didn't do anything and made the tank look dark in a room with a fair bit of ambient light.
  18. Jesterrace

Sad news. The Pyramid didn't make it at my LFS. The supplier screwed up shipping to the LFS and the fish sat for over a day in the shipping bags. The good news is that they credited me the purchase price of the fish, although they were unable to source another Pyramid. So, I pulled the...
  19. Jesterrace

Had to get rid of the Yellow Tang due to aggression towards the Coral Beauty. Currently have a Pyramid Butterflyfish in QT. In the meantime though, upon persistent pestering, I added a black backing to the tank. I have to say thus far, I am not impressed as it reflects everything and makes...
  20. Jesterrace

Both of them feeding: