Search results

1. E

Any ideas

so I was closely looking at my tank and saw this “worm looking” thing coming from the rock. Not sure what it is....anyone have ideas I’ve included some pictures. Also there other thing that has been on the corner of my tank for a little bit now. The tank has been up 4 months now.
  2. E

White seabe

Yeah that’s true. I just got these lights and spent a decent penny. What would be a good light for a 24” deep tank for him?
  3. E

White seabe

If I can...am I able to move him more towards the top closer to the light?
  4. E

White seabe

Maxspect r420r 24” it’s a 24” 60 gallon cube. When I turn the light on or up he opens up but doesn’t get blown up like normal
  5. E

White seabe

I got this guy a few weeks ago and he was big and open and full of life. Last night he moved and went to the other side of the tank and the a few hours later I noticed him all closed and he wasn’t attached anymore, but in the back of the tank balled up. He was completely closed and not attached...
  6. E

60 Gallon Cube Lighting

So I bought a 60 gallon awhile back and it has been running and has a few fish in it. I have some LED lights that I had from a freshwater tank for the time being until I figure out the lighting that I need. I am looking for suggestions. I don't want to make it a reef tank. I have live rock and...
  7. E

60 gallon stock list

I got rid of the damsels. They kept chasing each other around and I didn't want to deal with that. I have since got a pair of clowns that seem super happy. Just had a Coral Beauty die out of the blue. It had a white spot on it by its tail but never showed signs of being sick and none of the...
  8. E

Coral beauty white spot

So this coral beauty died. The white spot never went away and never showed any signs of being sick, such as not eating or being strange. I came home from work and it was against the overflow. Being that none of the other fish have any white spots on them and none of them are acting funny....I'm...
  9. E

Coral beauty white spot

I recently got a coral beauty and added it to my tank with 2 small damsels and a hawkfish. After a day a noticed the next morning that my coral beauty had a single white spot on its left side by its tail. Today I notice that he is flashing against the live rock. Not a lot but is still doing it...
  10. E

60 gallon stock list

I recently was able to add fish to my 60 gallon cube. I have 60lbs live sand and almost 50lbs of live rock. Took around 3 weeks to cycle. I added 2 damsels (one is a three stripped and the other I'm not sure the name but is blue with a yellow belly), a coral beauty angel and flame hawkfish. I'm...
  11. E

New Setup Questions

I've got a 3 striped damsel, the other damsel is blue with a yellow bottom. I cant remember the name. I have a coral beauty angelfish and flame hawkfish
  12. E

New Setup Questions

I got some fish this weekend and they have been doing really well. I guess my next question is, what is a good clean up crew? I don't really want snails...I hate the way they look. I like the shrimp and the look of them. Any suggestions. Also I wouldn't be adding these in for a little while...
  13. E

New Setup Questions

I have a protein skimmer in the Sump. I think once I get the Maxspect, that'll help agitate the surface.
  14. E

New Setup Questions

I have noticed a film on the surface of the water. When I had freshwater, I use to get this also and I bought a surface skimmer that did the trick and got rid of the scum. Being that this is Salt Water...is there much difference? Should I look into getting a surface skimmer to help get rid of...
  15. E

New Setup Questions

Next question is for water movement....Being a cube I've read a lot of people having problems with dead spots. I found that people using the Maxspect Gyre? I was looking at the 230? any thoughts?
  16. E

New Setup Questions

I'm trying to find heaters that will fit in my sump. It's only 12" wide though and I can't seem to find anything that will fit. Anyone have any ideas? I don't really want them in the tank. I'm trying to keep any of that type of stuff out so it has a cleaner look
  17. E

New Setup Questions

I'll probably take some out and replace it with RO
  18. E

New Setup Questions

Yeah I'd rather get the question in now, before things get haywire and I'm trying to fight fires. I have a good store that's near me too that has a lot of saltwater aquariums set up in it. They guy who owns it has been doing saltwater for the last 15 years, so that's helpful.
  19. E

New Setup Questions

haha I hear you on the patients part. I'm going to get some heaters ordered today and get the temperature up.
  20. E

New Setup Questions

Yeah I knew that was too cool for the fish. I don't have any fish in there now, it has only been running since Saturday. I need it to cycle before I add anything to it. I will look into the heaters I need. I'm assuming there isn't a way to make the tank cycle sooner. I don't want to rush...