Search results

1. W

New to hobby

Well.......... it worked. Maybe too well but hopefully things will work out for the best and it doesn't kill the almost $65.00 worth of fish that I bought.
  2. W

New to hobby

I know it killed the tube worms and bristle worms. I know nitrates from dead organisms are a problem so I made sure to clean the rock out pretty well. Even pulled out a bristle worm. Lots of small holes and crevices that things could be hiding in so I will definitely do that For future...
  3. W

New to hobby

I know it killed the tube worms and bristle worms. I know nitrates from dead organisms are a problem so I made sure to clean the rock out pretty well. Even pulled out a bristle worm. Lots of small holes and crevices that things could be hiding in so I will definitely do that.
  4. W

New to hobby

No coral at this time. Was a fresh water tank and couldn't afford the $700.00 - $900.00 price that the local store was quoting me to switch it ove. I have autistic kids that love saltwater fish aquariums, so I decided to slowly do it myself.
  5. W

New to hobby

Not exactly. I just put the rocks in a bucket and poured the water over it. By your question, Something tells me that was not what you meant.
  6. W

New to hobby

I have taken the advice of hitting them with boiling water. Being that I only have three rocks at this time, I went ahead and took them out and poured boiling water on them in a bucket. They are now gone. Unfortunately, I have now counted about 30 tiny ones in the sand and a couple on the glass...
  7. W

New to hobby

I actually took the advice of hitting them with boiling water. Being that I only have three rocks at this time, I went ahead and took them out and poured boiling water on them in a bucket. They are now gone. Unfortunately, I have now counted about 30 tiny ones in the sand and a couple on the...
  8. W

New to hobby

Thank you
  9. W

New to hobby

It sounds like my first new Comer question should have been how do I get rid of the pest anemone. Didn't know they were bad. Actually gave me something to watch during the first month.
  10. W

New to hobby

Thank you, I will look into those if the puffer will leave it alone. I'm sure my kids would love to see a starfish but also want to make sure it's good for the tank and other fish.
  11. W

New to hobby

That's what the store owner called the goby and yes those anemones are popping up everywhere but with only three small fish, I'm feeding them half a cube of frozen food and the anemones are eating what the fish don' eat so I figure, for now, they are at east keeping things clean. Do you know of...
  12. W

New to hobby

13. W

New to hobby

I have a 30 gallon tank. Started with live sand and a few pieces of live rock. Waited a month and had water tested and it was good. Started with 2 clown fish and being that I was already getting algae growth on the sand I also put a yellow head goby in at the same time. Did the cup method of...