Search results

1. ThewaterDen

220 gallon FOWLR Build

Ok heres the stand all wrapped up and ready for some paint just to seal things up. Now the slow part of things is next up, cleaning and prepping all the glass for reassembly. Stay tuned for.more pics and updates as time goes by
  2. ThewaterDen

New to the site

Thanks for the info!! Definatley planned on a larger refugium full of chaeto with a good light. Been dping a ton of reading amd it seems if i prpvide a better place in the sump for algae to grow, it will help keep it outta the display. Do you reccomend starting the refugium while the tank is in...
  3. ThewaterDen

220 gallon FOWLR Build

Thanks for takin the time to make that drawingthe only issue id have with doing that is the extra supports in the center of the stand would cut my space into thirds correct? Only leaving me with 27" in length in each section, makinga sump.pretty small
  4. ThewaterDen

220 gallon FOWLR Build

Progress on the stand, lil plywood tomorow and its done other than paint and facade. If i leave the center support in, and remove one on either side ill be able to get crap in and out..ill be able to fit a 48x20x16 plus a good sized tank for ATO. Or do 2 36x20x16 sumps? Is it too much BS to have...
  5. ThewaterDen

New to the site

No clue why it posted doubles
  6. ThewaterDen

New to the site

Heres a couple more pics. Sorry bout the crappy pics, broke the lense on my phone
  7. ThewaterDen

New to the site

Couple more pics
  8. ThewaterDen

220 gallon FOWLR Build

My stands are 36 from floor to top of stand. Pretty much all my tanks are 30 tall, its what i like viewing panel wise. Have between 28 and 30" of usable height under the stand. I want to be able to hold atleast 13 or 14" in the sump in case of power outage, and somewhere between 7 and 10" of...
  9. ThewaterDen

Eel aggression

Ive learned alot about keeping fish togethor that you shouldn't in the fresh water game..for example wolf fish. Its always been said one to a tank and never add two different togethor in the same tank. I currently have a 10" columbian black wolf and a generic 14" malabaricus in the same...
  10. ThewaterDen

easy fish only tank

You coild include a space in the sump for a refugium, over power it so the chaeto grows like wild fire using up nutrients. Algae will prefer the sump instead of tue display
  11. ThewaterDen

220 gallon FOWLR Build

I have to make a choice on the roller mats soon, so i can start desifning the sump. Wanna get the main box ordered from the glass company. I also have to choose a protien skimmer, something way oversized for the fosh5load im planning. Need to get that nailed down for sumo design as well. All.in...
  12. ThewaterDen

220 gallon FOWLR Build

As far as somemof the sump details....no filter socks!!! Going with either 2 pf the thieling roller mats or 2 of the Klir d4's. Id prefer the Klir if theu get them.released soon enough. If not the thielings will work. A large refugium area, protien skimmer and some fast and low flow biological...
  13. ThewaterDen

220 gallon FOWLR Build

Im gonna have a couple if not all the front suppprts removable, planning on a fairly big sump, i tend to keep heavily stocked tanks and feed accodingly, so.lot of biological media in the sump
  14. ThewaterDen

220 gallon FOWLR Build

Quick update, figuring some stuff out with the stand, what i can get away with sump wise yada yada. Ill do a better update tomorow with netter pics
  15. ThewaterDen

New to the site

Heres a quick one for you guys, momma Parachromis Manaquense sittin on a batch of eggs. Looks like the male didnt do a great job this round. Whats the biggest size i can use here? I cropped this one down to 200x200
  16. ThewaterDen

New to the site

Ok i get the picture lol. Ill tale some shots in the am. Been working on the stand for the 220 buold thread so that needs an updating as well
  17. ThewaterDen

New to the site

Pics of what Beth?? The new build of current tanks
  18. ThewaterDen

New to the site

Yeah man, if im gonna do it might as well gonas bog as i can
  19. ThewaterDen

New to the site

Thanks for the welcome, just started a build.thread, going with a 220 for this one
  20. ThewaterDen

220 gallon FOWLR Build

Ok, so i just posted an intro and i figured why not get this build thread started. Which includes putting the tank togethor, stand, all equipt amd plumbing. This isnt gonna be too fast pace of a build. Im hoping to have water in this and cycling by june 1st, or atleast thats the target date...