Search results

1. Tsling07

Small worms growing on my live rock

Thanks for the information. They are all over my live rock.
  2. Tsling07

Small worms growing on my live rock

Can anyone tell me what these small worms are on my live rock and if they are detrimental to my aquarium? They have been in there for about 6 months and my fish are all incredibly healthy so they don't seem to be causing a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

I will give it a try. As I said, I use a mixture of frozen and dry foods and add the supplements. I also feed them sheets of marine seaweed three or four times a week. I feed my dwarf lionfish live fish a couple times a week as well. My tank has a lot of live rock and coralline algae for the...
  4. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

I know brine shrimp aren't ideal but I have some finicky eaters. My Flame Angel will only eat blood worms, brine shrimp and seaweed. He refuses to eat flakes, granules or mysis shrimp. My two clowns won't eat mysis shrimp, flakes or granules either. I also feed them krill. My Powder Brown Tang...
  5. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

I feed my fish brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, bloodworms, frozen Angel food, flakes, granules and sheets of seaweed. I put Garlic Extreme and Selcon on them every time. I feed them twice a day. This seems to be a pretty good recipe for keeping them healthy. I have not lost any fish in quite a...
  6. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

He is the only fish that has the long poop and I read that can mean he has internal parasites. That was my concern.
  7. Tsling07

Spots on Powder Brown Tang

The spots aren't raised. They're just on his abdomen and they have disappeared except now a smaller dark one is appeared on his other side. I have had him for about 5 months. He has stopped flashing off of the rocks and he is the most voracious eater that I have. I put garlic and Selcon on his...
  8. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

I feed them seaweed at least three times a week. I put Selcon and garlic drops on it as well.
  9. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

I'm not sure what caused it. It is gone now. Thanks for the reply.
  10. Tsling07

My Powder Brown Tang has some spots on the side of him and I am concerned because he is my favorite fish. He sometimes flashes off the rocks as well which I know is a sign of sickness or bad water and water isn't the problem. I posted a picture of him and I would really appreciate any help...
  11. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

When my fish goes to the bathroom, he constantly has a long string of poop hanging from him. This happens every time. It is green, not white. Does this mean he has internal parasites? If so, what would be the best way to treat him. I have Prazipro. Is it really safe? I have shrimp, starfish and...
  12. Tsling07

Persistent nitrate problem

Thanks again for the advice. I will try what you said and see if it helps.
  13. Tsling07

Would a sand sifting sea star be a good option? I have two protein skimmers. I'll check out the videos and see how much is involved in changing it.
  14. Tsling07

Thanks for the advice. I'm not planning on adding corals I want to keep it official only tank. I use RO water in my aquarium. I will find a new home for the hermit crabs in my isolation tank. I'll try the biological filters as well.
  15. Tsling07

I will stop using the Nitra Zorb. I didn't know it was for freshwater only. I use purigen and carbon in my wet dry as well. I bought some seachem denitrate as well. I think that is for saltwater. My sand bed is fine sand and my tank has been established for a long time. I will try the media you...
  16. Tsling07

Live rock

I purchased some live rock at local fish store and it doesn't look like it's alive to me. It has no color and it looks like dry base rock. I put it in two aquariums and it was the only one to develop green nuisance algae in one of them. All of the other rocks have coralline algae on them. I...
  17. Tsling07

My Powder Brown Tang has some spots on his side. The occasionally flashes off the rocks as well. I am really concerned about him because he is my favorite fish. I attached a file and I would really appreciate any advice.
  18. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

My Coral Beauty Angel always has a long string of poop when he goes to the bathroom. It sticks to him for several minutes and is a couple inches long. He has also developed a light spot on his side. Does he have internal parasites? What would be the best way to treat him? Any help would be...
  19. Tsling07

My nitrate levels are about 70. I have fish and live rock with some invertebrates. I have a starfish, a few shrimp and hermit crabs. I have live rock and live sand it is about four inches deep. I am using nitrate reducing pads in my wet dry filter. I also have Nitra Zorb in my wet-dry. Thank...
  20. Tsling07

Revitalizing live rock

I actually just found a local fish store that has some so I'm going to go buy some today. Thanks for answering all of my questions.