Search results

1. Tsling07

Small worms growing on my live rock

Can anyone tell me what these small worms are on my live rock and if they are detrimental to my aquarium? They have been in there for about 6 months and my fish are all incredibly healthy so they don't seem to be causing a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Tsling07

Spots on Powder Brown Tang

My Powder Brown Tang has some spots on the side of him and I am concerned because he is my favorite fish. He sometimes flashes off the rocks as well which I know is a sign of sickness or bad water and water isn't the problem. I posted a picture of him and I would really appreciate any help...
  3. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

When my fish goes to the bathroom, he constantly has a long string of poop hanging from him. This happens every time. It is green, not white. Does this mean he has internal parasites? If so, what would be the best way to treat him. I have Prazipro. Is it really safe? I have shrimp, starfish and...
  4. Tsling07

Live rock

I purchased some live rock at local fish store and it doesn't look like it's alive to me. It has no color and it looks like dry base rock. I put it in two aquariums and it was the only one to develop green nuisance algae in one of them. All of the other rocks have coralline algae on them. I...
  5. Tsling07

Spots on Powder Brown Tang

My Powder Brown Tang has some spots on his side. The occasionally flashes off the rocks as well. I am really concerned about him because he is my favorite fish. I attached a file and I would really appreciate any advice.
  6. Tsling07

Sick Coral Beauty Angel

My Coral Beauty Angel always has a long string of poop when he goes to the bathroom. It sticks to him for several minutes and is a couple inches long. He has also developed a light spot on his side. Does he have internal parasites? What would be the best way to treat him? Any help would be...
  7. Tsling07

Revitalizing live rock

I have a question about revitalizing my live rock instead of buying all new since it's so expensive. All of mine died when I shut down my aquarium when it crashed a few years ago and I would like to revitalize it. I bought 20 lbs of Life Rock and two bottles of coralline algae and I'm seeing a...
  8. Tsling07

Persistent nitrate problem

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting rid of nitrates? I am using a couple bags of Nitra Zorb and a pad that supposedly removes nitrates as well but I cannot get rid of them. I also use Purigen. I have a 90 gallon aquarium with a large wet dry filter. I also run two protein skimmers...
  9. Tsling07

Sick Flame Angel

My Flame Angel has become sick and I'm not sure what the cause is or how to treat him. He has stopped eating and his colors on his side have drastically faded. He was flashing off of the rocks but I couldn't see any external parasites. He doesn't have any lesions. I tested the water and there...
  10. Tsling07

Help acclimating Flame Angel

I would very much appreciate any help anyone can give me to acclimate my Flame Angel to my main aquarium. I have a Coral Beauty in my tank and he is a bully. I know they are a similar genre and that's why they will fight. Any suggestions on how I can put the Flame angel in and keep the Coral...
  11. Tsling07

Help acclimating flame angel

I would very much appreciate any help anyone can give me to acclimate my Flame Angel to my main aquarium. I have a Coral Beauty in my tank and he is a bully. I know they are a similar genre and that's why they will fight. Any suggestions on how I can put the Flame angel in and keep the Coral...