Search results

1. HeathS

New 75 Gallon with Sump

Sorry for the cloudy, nasty looking water. Still making the RODI water so it's a bit time consuming when it takes an hour to make a 5 gallon bucket. I might be cycling water by tonight...lol. I still have to hook the cables to the viparspectra light and hang it, paint the egg crate lid so it...
  2. HeathS

New 75 Gallon with Sump

Like I said, it's still dirty. Now that I look at it, I should have painted the inside when I did the outside.
  3. HeathS

Clown Fish Probs

it's ok...I kinda figured...lol
  4. HeathS

New 75 Gallon with Sump

I can post a pic but I want it to look a little cleaner that what it is. I just got it and am still setting it up.
  5. HeathS

New 75 Gallon with Sump

so, bio balls AND live rock won't be better?
  6. HeathS

Clown Fish Probs

Yes...that's why I wrote that I'm separating the two pair when the 75 gallon is cycled.
  7. HeathS

New 75 Gallon with Sump

Area for the live rock won't support both the rock and the skimmer. But I do have it figured out that I can put the skimmer on the end. Was thinking of putting bio balls around the skimmer just for an added measure. What are your thoughts?
  8. HeathS

Clown Fish Probs

Hence my purchase of a 75 gallon...lol. Been making RODI water for two days and still trying to fill it up. I had planned on once it's cycled, separating the pairs.
  9. HeathS

Clown Fish Probs

Two black and two orange. I have four of them in there and they seem to love and enjoy one another.
  10. HeathS

New 75 Gallon with Sump

There are only two compartments. I plan on placing the skimmer in the other compartment once I get a pump for it. But just using live rock in the skimmer makes for good filtration?
  11. HeathS

New 112 gl tank

with a 112 gallon tank I would definitely go with a sump and viparspectra lights. I actually like using aragonite from Caribsea as my substrate. Been using it for awhile now and have not have any issues. I'm sure your going to get a lot of answers. But remember, it's all opinion.
  12. HeathS

Clown Fish Probs

I have two Darwins and two Ocellaris and they all get along great. They were bought at differen't times and all 4 of them school together. I know it's unusual but I'm happy they aren't fighting.
  13. HeathS

New 75 Gallon with Sump

I just picked up a 75 Gallon tank with stand, Viparspectra light, sump, return pump, Berlin protein skimmer, magnetic powerhead, two wave makers, heater, some smaller accessories and over 100 lbs of live rock for $200! I'm new to having a sump so here's my question. The gentleman I bought it off...
  14. HeathS

RO/DI

I'm in the process of making RODI water for my new 75 Gallon. Been at it all day...lol!
  15. HeathS

Rekindling my saltwater tank

It seems like a perfectly simple rule to remember and follow.
  16. HeathS

The 36 is just a review for me. I wanted to remember what I forgot and to learn what has changed since I had my 55 gallon sw 20 years ago. My custom 300 gallon will be ordered next spring / summer. A mistake I know I made was not changing out 10 gallons instead of 5 at a time. Now that I have...
  17. HeathS

Greetings everyone. I had a 55 gallon saltwater tank about 20 years ago. Recently I decided to start the hobby again. I bought a 36 gallon with a stand (on sale at ***** for $125 for both...I couldn't pass it up) and set it up. Filled it up with tap water, got the salinity level perfect and let...