Search results

1. cmschmitz24

Aquarium Options

I will be upgrading to a larger tank in the upcoming months or so but want to know what options are out there for aquarium manufacturers. Looking into 100gal or larger. I’ve looked at Red Sea, Waterbox, and Marineland, but what other manufacturers are out there? Or otherwise recommended?
  2. cmschmitz24

Cyanobacteria

Thank you both. I will look into the egg crate or clear screen material. Or just remove the lids altogether. Future thinking, and a bigger tank, if I want to get an eel what type of top should I have. I’ve read and heard that eels are known to escape and “commit suicide”.
  3. cmschmitz24

Cyanobacteria

It's a glass top but does fit snug. I've had my tank running now for 4 months.
  4. cmschmitz24

Cyanobacteria

So I've recently discovered that I have cyanobacteria andI purchased Chemiclean however, reading the instructions it says I need to increase oxygen levels. Do I need to add an air stone before I use this product? I don't want to use this and then have my fish die. I have two powerheads and the...
  5. cmschmitz24

New to Saltwater

Thanks to both for all the information, it's appreciated! It seems as I'm just starting that live rock and HOB filter are all I need to start the hobby. Is a larger HOB filter better or should I stay in the size fitted to my tank size? However, I'd like to make things easier on myself going...
  6. cmschmitz24

New to Saltwater

so I need (for equipment) a sump, skimmer, and power heads. And live rock would be the media in the sump filter/tank. How big of a sump would I need for my 65?
  7. cmschmitz24

New to Saltwater

Is going from an FO to an FOWLR a big difference? I’ve started to write a list on what I all need but there are so many different articles and videos out there. I would like to hide everything in my stand so I assume a sump would be best.
  8. cmschmitz24

New to Saltwater

Thanks for the info! So a normal HOB filter with what type of media? Why that vs a canister? Because of the rock? And what type of bleach to clean the tank and heater? Or what is that process like?
  9. cmschmitz24

New to Saltwater

Hi all, I’ve recently decided that I want to convert my freshwater tank into saltwater however, I’m a bit nervous and unsure about a few things. I’ve been doing some research and understand it’s a process. I currently have a 65 gallon tall, cascade canister filter, heater, air pump, the works...