Search results

1. S

RODI unit

Accidentally left my RODI unit outside in a rainstorm.... will it be ok???? Or should I worry about rainwater seeping in?
  2. S

Cycling.... diatoms?!

Hi! So I started my tank about a week ago and am now anxiously awaiting a cycle. I’ve been testing the water daily and so far I’ve had no significant spikes in anything... just a small raise in ammonia or nitrates once. I have some cured dry rock and a few pieces of live rock in there, as well...
  3. S

New tank on its way...

Ok so I’ve started my tank! Im now waiting for the cycle! Hoping I can get some advice on anything I’m missing! I have... 1) a 60 gallon with a fluval 110 filter going 2) I AM using RO/DI water 3) Instant Ocean salt with salinity between 1.022-1.024 4) Dosing with AquaVitro Seed for a week per...
  4. S

New tank!

Hey guys! So I’m starting prep for my 60 gallon saltwater. I had a 30 gallon previously and failed to do the proper amount of research and screwed so much up. So this time around I am using RO/DI water (which I’m making myself), I have live sand in there as well as a few big hunks of live rock...
  5. S

RO/DI

Anyone have any experience with making their own RO/DI water with a system? Am pondering purchasing a 5-stage system. I’m just nervous I’ll screw something up! I have well water and am pretty sure that’s what wiped out my first salt water tank (30 gal)
  6. S

Clown Fish Probs

I have a 30 gallon fish-only tank, currently housing two clowns, a goby, and a hermit crab. My smaller clown was the very first fish I purchased, and he has been in the tank for probably 2.5, 3 months. He’s a super social, energetic, adorable little guy, and for the last week or so he’s lost his...