Search results

1. S

Totally clueless on what these are

I just cleaned the glass and these appeared just above the sand on my aquarium walls. Can someone please help me ID them
  2. S

Foxface has odd mark on side

ok, great! Awesome! Thank you, Beth. Appreciate your assistance so much :)
  3. S

The other side looks fine. I think the cloudy look in his eye in the pic was lighting but I took 2 close up pics, one of each side, under brighter lighting this morning. The place on his side is barely raised if at all. I know that's the side he usually has against the rock when hes sleeping and...
  4. S

Does this look like something to be concerned about? I'm so paranoid after I lost that triggerfish to ich a few months ago. Hoping I'm just being too cautious. I hadn't noticed it before. Hes acting normal, has good girth and appetite.
  5. S

QT update and CUC QT questions?

I think I prefer to play on the safe side and treat all as though they can contract anything easily and observe them closely in a QT and treat. One at a time from here on. I knew better than to get multiple fish at one time and not QT them. But I got overly excited about them and I blew it...
  6. S

Beth... You, Lynn, and Jay have been so helpful. Y'all are very much appreciated. All have been very informative and not once have y'all made me feel stupid for anything I've done. Quite the opposite, y'all have been encouraging and forward moving. Thank you again.
  7. S

Thank you for the link, Beth. Reading that link just made me feel so much better. That's how I've been doing my QT. Even the Ph part. I've been observing the fish closely and when I noticed the foxface acting weird, I looked up symtoms online and got a marine buffer and that fixed the weird...
  8. S

I did hypo with these fish in the QT and I've started bringing the salinity back up gradually as of Monday. They should be at the same salinity as the DT by next Wed. I'm sorry I didn't include the med treatment in my post. I was trying to not be redundant cuz I had mentioned it in my previous...
  9. S

btw... the air stones are gone and I forgot to list the filter system. It is an Eheim canister setup
  10. S

Full disclosure... We have been doing freshwater for decades. We were told by LFS that there was no real difference between the two other than keeping the saltwater at 1.021. We followed their directions and cycled our tank for 6 wks. We were then told we could add up to 7 fish and a clean up...
  11. S

It's been a month since I tragically lost my blue throat trigger and coral beauty to ick. since then my foxface rabbitfish and false clown have been in hyposalinity QT. They are doing really well and getting a little chunky now :). Never showed any signs of illness. Thank you for all that...
  12. S

Help! Spot on Blue Throat Triggerfish

That makes sense. I never thought about dimensions rather than gallons. I ordered a refractometer that will be here in the morning. I started taking the salinity down a bit to 1.018 make sure they are breathing a little easier, just to be on the safe side. But my gauge doesn't go down to 1.009...
  13. S

Wow! That's good to know about the trigger. I must have misread the size. Thank you. I'm doing hypo with the others that are now in the 20g hospital tank. I'm slowly taking it down to 1.009 over a day or two, keeping them there for 6 weeks and slowly bringing them back up to 1.022 over a week...
  14. S

Awesome! I love the look of sand. I wasnt too tickled with how the crushed looked... not what i expected... but I'd already bought it 100g I understand about the LFS. I watched them take trade in fish directly from a customer recently and put them directly into the sales tanks with all their...
  15. S

Thank you for your help. I'm really upset with myself cuz I knew better. I have transferred all my other fish to the 20g QT tank and started treatment. I have crushed coral in my display, suggested by the LFS, and was thinking about getting sand cuz I've seen so many comments in the forums about...
  16. S

He died 10 mins ago. I dont understand.. he was looking so much better until I got up this morning and he looked horrible. It happened so fast. And right in the middle of a bad thunderstorm
  17. S

He was in the display with the other fish we ordered... clownfish, foxface, coral beauty... I mistakenly though since he was going into a fishless tank and looked healthy, that it would be safe. Newbie mistake. I knew better. Hes in a hospital tank and has been there since my post the other day...
  18. S

Didnt want to touch him but this was the only way I could show yall how he really looks without glare and distortion from aquarium glass
  19. S

UPDATE: HE'S GETTING WORSE I got up this morning and he's got more patches, labored breathing, wont eat, color is pale and he's sluggish. He looked like he was getting better yesterday and was swimming fine. Parameters are the same. And I've been following the directions for the Paraguard to...
  20. S

Thank yall for helping me. I really appreciate yall. We got nervous after the second and third spot showed up last night and dosed half strength Paraguard. All but the one on his side are gone this morning. The one on his side looks better also. Good to know on the uv. If it's not needed, we...