Search results

1. C

Uhg ich is back... need help to decide on a attack plan

Two refractometer using distilled for hypo and brs refracto juice for my main reef. I calibrate everytime i check due to changes in ambient temp of the tank and refractormeter itself As for only rays and sharks that you are wrong on. People have noted butterflies not handling hypo. And a...
  2. C

Another pic. See the ones i circled.. its hard to see in this pic.. but when he faces me i can see the side of his body right and these are all thin and sticking out they arent round.. all the spots are like this.. not round and sticking out like skin tags
  3. C

I do qt i do hypo on all my fish.. but hhpo doesnt work on all fish it kills butterflies. Flame angels. Fairy wrasses. Alot of dottybacks. Royal grammas. Some gobies they all die from hypo. So you have to do other methods like tank transfer and i hate copper. But yea. Im ttying to get some...
  4. C

Another thing im finding weird is its been around 4 days now and i cant be certain but these spots havent falled off yet. They look the same as they did before when i first noticed and they dont look exactly like ich. Ich is pretty white round these are more greyish white and raised weirdly in...
  5. C

Itd be better to put the corals in the 60g. See that tank i had my 24 inch t5 fixture over with 4 ati bukbs.. that fixture is over my 135 with a 48 inch fixture to cover all 72 inchs. I can move the 24 inch back to the 60g hex and move the 48 inch center of my 135 itll cover most if the tank and...
  6. C

What do you think if i just remove the powder brown tang put him in hypo and put him in a seperate ich free tank. Like convert my 60g hex to salt get new sand. New rock and do that ? This way it keeps the ich load down ( you know like keeping a viral load down when taking meds) because...
  7. C

Its a 60g hex it would be a tight fit to put a 8 inch sailfin foxface yellow tang and naso tang in it. Then i got a tomini powder brown and yellow eye kole tang and then green chromis and 2 clowns and stuff. I dont think i can put em all in my 20g long and 60g hex. Thats why i was thinking...
  8. C

So ich is back. I eliminated it completetly doing hyposalinity in my main tank about 9 months ago. I moved the 30 coral frags i had into my 20g quarantine tank put a 24 inch t5 fixture over it with my ati bulbs abd left that tank alone for 2 months. And for the other tank it was in...
  9. C

What type of bacteria/alge outbreak is this and how do i get rid of it?

Vacuum water changes and a tooth brush is what id do lol
  10. C

Newbie 24 gallon all-in-one reefer.

Can you guys please stop spreading bs information that RODI is absolute in reefkeeping. 60+ corals.. 13 fish including 5 tangs in my 135g.. no issues and i have 30 sps with 12 acroporas. No sump no skimmer. I realize all tap watee is different but city water has to meet epa regulations...
  11. C

Blue tang been in TT and hypo for a month. What is this on him ?

Ammonia is 0 as long as i dont feed tons in that qt tank Anyway i put him in my display tank 2 days ago, i havent seen ich on him in 3 weeks and i wanted him out of the qt tank. So far hes looking really good. No signs of ich at all. Those white dots in the pic are justt bubbles floating by...
  12. C

Airstone for tanktransfer.. meaning i put in an airstone in the container.. and every 24 hours id put him in a new container with a new airstone and tubing to keep from spreading ich while i transfer.. Airstones work... they move water and movement and surface agitation does airate even in...
  13. C

I have a blue tang i rescued from ***** a month ago.. horrible case of ich. I did tank transfer on him for 13 days.. changing the containers every 24hrs with fresh air stones. after 9 days he cleard up and looked much better but i kep going for 13. i decided to also do hyposalinity just in...
  14. C

Ich resistant to hypo and copper..... i need help plzzz

Old thread. Tank has been running 3 months almost well 2 1.2 since hypo and copper. I havent had a single fish die or get ich.. i found out it wasnt ich but lymphocystis.. and it went away overtime. It did kill all my chromis sadly but everyone else (4 tangs foxface 2 kinds of angelfish) has...
  15. C

Coral Beauty Angelfish

Coral beauties are super sensative fish... They die veey quickly from ich i noticed.. 2 or 3 days they are gone... Thry csn hsndle hyposalinity unlike flame angels.. I have two one in a 30g one in a 135g.. both are picky eaters.. they dont eat foods i put in the water.. they just pick on...
  16. C

My fish are dying

Ich or velvet ? Any white spots on them ? Breathing heavily ? What kind of fish.. how old is the tank
  17. C

What fish is this ?

A local guy was giving away fish and tanks as hes moving out if his house and needed to get rid of stuff. I picked a 125g tank for free. As well as a yellow tang a. huge Sail fin tsng bigger then youre hand a bicolor angel 2 clowns. And two unknown fish. one looks like a wrasse the orange...
  18. C

Starting up a new 75G fish only tank

Maybe 0 but keeping it level is Easy if you make a homemade denitrate canister with low flow around 20-30gph.. i had one on my 55g hexagon reef.. i had 10 fish in that tank and fed alot... my nitrates went from 40 to 10-20 and i didnt do water changes for 6 months. Ro DI has no trace...
  19. C

Starting up a new 75G fish only tank

Just an fyi a sump isnt needed... more and more and more people are learning that protien skimmers and sumps arent needed at all.... For reefkeeping the mentality was always low phosphates and low nitrates.. not true anymore and people are finally getting that. I had a 55g hexagon.. no sump...
  20. C

Has anyone here ever used purchased live bacteria to cycle a tank?

I instant cycled 3 tanks by purchasing Fritszyne 9 from amazon... When i first started reef keeping. I started in my 27g hexagon. I bought a 1 gallon bottle of the bacteria for 30$ put half the gallon in.. with 2ppm ammonia already measuring in the tank and in 2 days my ammonia went to 0 and...