Search results

1. lexluethar

Sold my tank

I sold my tank today to my LFS. As some may know i've been unemployed since being laid off in January. Got a job last week that starts April 6th in a new city. It got to me thinking about my aquarium: -I really didn't want to deal with the move -I've wanted to upgrade for a while now -New...
  2. lexluethar

Has it always been?

I used to come here all the time and see good discussions about everything. Today when I come on here all I see is Obama did this or that. It seems the majority of the topics are politically motivated or turn into politics. The only thing that annoys me is I see people that are just coming to...
  3. lexluethar

Leathers

I've had a devil hand leather that has been showing signs of necropcy (sp*) over the past few months and i've tried a few different remedies. I've tried changing light schedule, flow control, direct flow, and nothing has really helped. It isn't a huge problem as this thing is huge and the only...
  4. lexluethar

Pre filters Pre filters Pre filters

If you have an anemone you should use prefilters. I had a little accident earlier in the week and lost half my stock as well as my BTA... I have the covers on all of my PH, and all are located in areas that are very difficult to get near the intake of the PH (so no fish or invert get caught and...
  5. lexluethar

Oops

Anyone ever have a Blue Nudibranch get caught in your filter intake... Well mine did...
  6. lexluethar

Anemone issues

First off hello, hope everyone has been doing well lately. I have a BTA anemone, i've had it for a little over a year and everything has been going great up until a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed, it has been under 150 watt MH in a 30 gallon tank. I haven't added or subracted anything from...
  7. lexluethar

Leather Help PWEEZ

[hr] Haven't posted in a while, so I first want to say hello to everyone! I'm been extremely busy (just got engaged and starting a computer service business) lately and haven't had a whole lot of time for anything. Don't worry, the fish tank hasn't suffered, i still do the general maintenance on...
  8. lexluethar

Hello!

Haven't posted in a while, so I first want to say hello to everyone! I'm been extremely busy (just got engaged and starting a computer service business) lately and haven't had a whole lot of time for anything. Don't worry, the fish tank hasn't suffered, i still do the general maintenance on it...
  9. lexluethar

Hello!

Haven't posted in a while, so I first want to say hello to everyone! I'm been extremely busy (just got engaged and starting a computer service business) lately and haven't had a whole lot of time for anything. Don't worry, the fish tank hasn't suffered, i still do the general maintenance on...
  10. lexluethar

New tank

Has anyone seen any 90 gallon corners (or around that size, anything larger than 50) with built in overflows? I've been looking around and the only tanks i've seen w/ overflow boxes already in place are the standard rectangle design. I would really like to upgrade my 30 to another corner, but...
  11. lexluethar

Starting a Business

Does anyone have any input on how to go about starting an LLC (limited liability corporation)? I would lit to start my own business. I've read up on s-corps and c-corps, but aside from the differences between those two i'm at a loss where to go from here. I'll probably go through a lawyer to...
  12. lexluethar

Just finished moving

I just finished moving my 30 gallon tank a few miles down the road. While I realize that every situation is different and I could have just been extremely lucky, I haven't lost one fish or coral in the move. I wanted to share how I moved with everyone to get some input on what could have been...
  13. lexluethar

Minimum purchase idea

I think they should make a policy in which you can "opt out" of the 15 day guarantee and overnight shipping in order to purchase live goods w/o purchasing more than 79 dollars worth. Then SWF.com will gain some business from smaller purchases while not losing out on the shipping and 15 day...
  14. lexluethar

Really just need to vent

So I bought a rec. mushroom from swf.com about three weeks ago. Everything was going well, I got it to attach to some of my aggregate by placing it in a small plastic tub that had my aggregate in the bottom of it. It attached and I proceeded to glue it to another one of my larger live rocks. I...
  15. lexluethar

Super Glue

Can you super glue under water? Two reasons: 1)the mushrooms i want to glue (they've attached to some of my subtrate so i'd be glueing the subtrate) shrivles up when taken out of the water, so glueing becomes a pain. 2)the rock i would like to glue it to is huge and is actually under a bunch of...
  16. lexluethar

Mushroom attachment

Do you guys have any ideas of how to successfully attach a Green Ricordea mushroom to a rock? I bought one from swf.com and the little piece (i'm talking really small) of rock that it was attached to i glued to a much larger rock. Now the mushroom is coming off of the original small rock and...
  17. lexluethar

Understanding PH/ALK/CAL

Got a few questions about my test results. I just bought a new Alkalinity test kit and I understand the results, but I don't understand the relationship between PH and Cal. First question is, I originally had a tetra test kit for my PH. It is a liquid test kit and it would consistently read my...
  18. lexluethar

Clam Feeding

So last week I purchased a Maxima Clam from SWF.com and everything has been great. I bought some phytoplankton from my LFS (processed not live, so there is more in it then just phyto.) and I was curious about feedings. I think my acro and clam are the only things that will benefit from this...
  19. lexluethar

Generational Differences

Can anyone tell me where to find population numbers for the different generations in the united states? I know, weird question, i'm doing a research paper and i can't find a darn thing on the actual population size of each. I though it would be as easy as going to the census website, but they...
  20. lexluethar

Lex's new corals

So we finally figured out our camera, and realized with the correct settings the picture quality isn't as bad as we once thought. Although the camera itself isn't that great, we made the best of it. Feel free to give input, critisize (constructive please), and let me know what you guys think...