Search results

1. veni vidi vici

New skimmer not making bubbles

What skimmer is it?
  2. veni vidi vici

Bacteria Bloom / Translucent Slime

I have it..... New tank cycled with 80 lbs of new live sand and 35 lbs of live rock plus unknown weight of base rock. It started showing up in my skimmer first but it is now starting to spread in my sump/rufugium and my water is cloudy. Anyone know how to deal with this? ~Todd
  3. veni vidi vici

New Build

Quote: Originally Posted by silverado61 the close proximity to Six Flags explains my grumpy imicon. (Damned tourists.) Lol Gurnee? I used to live on the south side..Chicago Heights
  4. veni vidi vici

New Build

Thank you again for the kind words. Where in Illinois are you?
  5. veni vidi vici

New Build

Phase one complete.
  6. veni vidi vici

JBJ 30 gallon rimless build

Thats a good start ...lookin good!
  7. veni vidi vici

New Build

Quote: Originally Posted by hotwingz Wow I am very impressed with this whole project! A centerpiece tank like this is something I've always wanted to do! Thanks
  8. veni vidi vici

New Build

Ill pick up some more sand this week,an then fill here up.
  9. veni vidi vici

Old Sand and Dry Rock

Quote: Originally Posted by Flower Hi, If it doesn't smell of death, it's because it's still live sand, the bacteria is so useful...by all means use it. The tank has to cycle, there is no harm to use it. I wouldn't toss out the old (once alive) dried rock either...make a cool rock wall with...
  10. veni vidi vici

Old Sand and Dry Rock

Quote: Originally Posted by TonySi The rock I don't see a problem with using it just rinse it off with some rodi water and seed it with some live rock. The sand on the other hand, I wouldn't trust it. Why not?
  11. veni vidi vici

Old Sand and Dry Rock

Just cant bring myself to toss it.
  12. veni vidi vici

Old Sand and Dry Rock

So im getting ready to aquascape my new 120 and I currently have a all the former LR that was in my 125.... YEARS ago, also a 5 gallon bucket of sand that is still wet from my shallow sand bed that was also in my 125..YEARS ago, and I was wondering. Im going to be cycling my tank here shortly...
  13. veni vidi vici

New Build

Quote: Originally Posted by silverado61 Very nice. I'm impressed. Thank you
  14. veni vidi vici

New Build

And finally I hung all the doors on my stand and canopy.
  15. veni vidi vici

New Build

Next I got my Lumenbright reflectors installed in my canopy, I built a rack out of aluminum angle. I added 10 blue LEDs for moonlight sim.
  16. veni vidi vici

New Build

I got a few more things of the list. First I got my 55 gallon sump/refugium finished.The first 16"cell is for the overflow and skimmer. The second cell is 24" and ill use that section for the refugium. I still am not quite sure what im doing in that cell yet but im leaning towards mangroves...
  17. veni vidi vici

New Build

Quote: Originally Posted by Eric B 125 VVV, it's looking good! Looks like you're getting a lot of flow to most, if not all, of the tank. Really good work so far man. How did you get that YouTube video to show up in your post? Thanks.... Im getting good flow but I still think i can improve...
  18. veni vidi vici

New Build

Did that fix it?
  19. veni vidi vici

New Build

20. veni vidi vici

New Build

Its working great Shawn. I didnt add any adjustment valves because i dont have enough space and i dont think ill need them.The only way to adjust is by using direction. I may also add a few Flow Accelerators. Here it is in action.... http://youtu.be/tFBi0iFk6Ok