Search results

1. groupergenius

Purple Hornets

Quote: Originally Posted by verojeremy Now I have them on the ground and they are definitely purple not blue. Oh...OK. Must be a newbie mistake on my part.
  2. groupergenius

Purple Hornets

As far as names go...those are Blue Hornets. Nice deal anyway.
  3. groupergenius

My Zoa's going to pop?

Your Angel more than likely.
  4. groupergenius

Turbos eating Zoos?

Quote: Originally Posted by lynnly I've noticed lately that my new zoo colony that I purchased about a month ago is dissapearing.I had snails in the past that ate other zoo's, I would find them burrowed right in the middle....I thought I got rid of them little suckers. Would an Angel eat these...
  5. groupergenius

Turbos eating Zoos?

I doubt the turbos had anything to do with it. Remember, these zoas come from different depths and water conditions. Hard to make them all happy. I would look more to Asterina Stars than snails. JMHO
  6. groupergenius

what kind of zoa is this It cant be a hornet

Looks like one of the "deepwater Japanese" zoas that have come to the market over the last year or so. Nice looking specimen, but remember it is more than likely a wild one. Keep an eye on it. I have 4 colonies out of 8 different ones still thriving in my tank after a year.
  7. groupergenius

Tizzo's latest... If you can see through the lights, lol

Looks great Tizz. But you allready knew that didn't ya??
  8. groupergenius

Does anything eat diatoms?

Originally Posted by Fretfreak13 I had two of the large turbos, but they kicked the bucket after about a month. Now that you mention it, I didn't really have diatoms until they were gone. xD What are some easier snails to keep, since I heard (and expeareanced) that the mexican turbos don't...
  9. groupergenius

My newest Acquisition

Looks like a Acanthastrea Barney......jus' kiddin'....
  10. groupergenius

Some of my stuff....

Henry...yep, that's Red Planet. I'm kinda happy it's still retaining the green in it. I only have a few SPS in the tank now and that's my favorite. meowzer....thanks Dear. I'm trying.
  11. groupergenius

Some of my stuff....

Originally Posted by jemshores Morning GP! I love pics, 2,3,4,5......LOL I am a zoa lover! Btw what are those in 2,4 and the last pic? And where do you find such great additions? Live north of Tampa and hunt from there(Tampa) to G'ville on a reg basis and just don't see those colors anywhere..I...
  12. groupergenius

What Fish It?

What you have is in the Bristletooth family. Have you checked Kole Tang? ""ALSO, SORRY, COULD I PUT A REGAL TANG IN WITH THIS FISH? i ONLY HAVE A PAIR OF CLOWN FISH, A COW FISH AND A STRAWBERRY GRAMMA IN THE TANK. BEEN TOLD THE TANK HOLDS 8 FISH BUT DONT WANT TO OVER LOAD IT. "" Why I said what...
  13. groupergenius

Potential new salt hobbist

So much depends on what you want to end up with. IMHO live rock should be a major part of whatever path you take. The fish/inverts will depend on what you're goals are. Fish only or reef. To start out successful, you may need a direction. It really helps save you money and mistakes in the long run.
  14. groupergenius

What Fish It?

Sticking with my other post. Seems by your overly defensive reply, your not ready. Just my honest opinion. Not being obnoxious or overbearing, just been in the salt for 30 plus years...
  15. groupergenius

Some of my stuff....

Knowing myself as I do....I would think I was trying to get said person..."you" to research and learn how to care for stuff BEFORE you aquire them.
  16. groupergenius

What Fish It?

Do yourself a huge favor....if your serious...take all your livestock back to where you got it from, do some research, then try again later.