Search results

1. myzislow

New actinic SPS pics

Had the camera out today and decided to snap a few shots. Nothing special but thought I'd share anyway. Hope you enjoyed.
  2. myzislow

Slightly used 150w HQI bulbs

I have a couple used 150w double ended HQI bulbs I'm looking to get rid of. -(1) 12k reeflux 150w- Hasn't even broken in yet-less then 24 hours on bulb. $30 +shipping. -(1) 14k phoenix 150w- Completely broken in-used for 6.5 months 10 hours a day. Definitely has some life left. $20+shipping...
  3. myzislow

I guess I will play

Pink sand dollar growing well:
  4. myzislow

My 29 gallon mixed reef

5. myzislow

Some new pics of my reef

Was bored today and took some shots of the tank. I'm really liking the growth and color I'm getting from the phoenix 14k. I think I have the most efficient CPR bak pak skimmer out there. This is a weeks worth of crud in between water changes. Tea anyone? Ricordea shot W/flash With out
  6. myzislow

Post your favorite montipora pics

Montipora is my favorite type of SPS and I know I'm not alone. Post them up everyone, of all types!! Here are my current favorites: Atlantis sunny delight danae Red Hot Chili Pepper/seasons greetings Pink sand dollar orange "cap" and purple polyp Montipora verrucosa -not sure on actual...
  7. myzislow

Red turf algae!!!

Lately I've had an outbreak of red turf algae(Asparagopsis?) in my 29 gallon mixed(manily SPS) reef. It hasn't reached plague like proportions, yet, and I'd like to prevent it before it does. I do weekly water changes with RO. My trates are in check but I'm not sure of the phosphate. I have a...
  8. myzislow

New look, new pics, new addtions...Update on my tank.

Well things are going pretty well with the tank lately. I'm loving the colors I'm getting out of my new phoenix 14k bulb; and the growth has really picked up as well. The tank has gone through a little make over and in the process I thinned out quite a bit to make room and just to clean up my...
  9. myzislow

Hitchhiker ID please.

I was just observing my reef and all of a sudden I see a constant "puffing" of whitish ink like substance coming from my live rock. It lasted for a good 10-15 seconds or so before I ripped the part of the tank apart to see what it was. This is what I found: I'm guessing some type of abalone...
  10. myzislow

New pics of my 29 gallon mixed reef

Here are some updated pictures taken today. Hopefully I should be getting a new camera soon to show the true colors of my tank. Well, here they are: my original duncan colony ricordea blastos, acans, and tubs blue zoos aussie acans miscellaneous corals clown and his brain
  11. myzislow

hydor korilia nano un-sealed magnet problem?

It seems the magnet they use is not sealed at all. When I first purchased the pump this initially worried me, but alas i thought nothing of it as surely a company who specializes in making pump for aquaria would not put out a product that wasn't safe for aquarium use. I installed the pump and...
  12. myzislow

hydor korilia nano un-sealed magnet problem?

It seems the magnet they use is not sealed at all. When I first purchased the pump this initially worried me, but alas i thought nothing of it as surely a company who specializes in making pump for aquaria would not put out a product that wasn't safe for aquarium use. I installed the pump and...
  13. myzislow

My friend's 55 reef (so far)

I was over at my friends the other day helping him with his tank, finalizing the aquascape, placing corals, and decided to take some shots while I was there. A little background on the tank. It's a standard 55 made by sea clear, 30 gallon fuge packed with chaeto, hydor korilia 4 and tunze...
  14. myzislow

Some new pics and new additions.

It's been awhile since I've posted some pics so I figured I'd share some from this morning. I went up to atlantis aquarium yesterday and scored some very nice pieces of some corals I've wanted for ever now Here they are: tyree true undata( I got him to fresh cut a frag for me from one of their...
  15. myzislow

Help me choose a new HQI bulb.

I am currently in search of a bulb that suites my taste well. I have a 150w HQI Sunpod made by current. Does anybody know what kind of ballasts these guys come with? Are they any good at all? If not, are the ballasts easily upgradeable? I really liked the stock 14k bulb in terms of color, but I...
  16. myzislow

Refractometer

I just received my new refractometer and the directions for calibration say to use distilled water. Would regular purified drinking water(aquafina) or RO water work? I don't have any distilled water on hand but if I need to go buy some I will.
  17. myzislow

Bored today, SPS and ricordea pics.

Hope you guys enjoy, the colors are really starting to pop in my SPS corals. The sun pod was a great investment.
  18. myzislow

I Need Interceptor

Hello everybody. I recently acquired an A. valida tri color that came with the dreaded red bugs. I have spent the whole morning calling every single vet in the area trying to locate some interceptor so I can do a treatment on this colony before they spread.(i will be removing this piece from my...
  19. myzislow

I Need Interceptor

Hello everybody. I recently acquired an A. valida tri color that came with the dreaded red bugs. I have spent the whole morning calling every single vet in the area trying to locate some interceptor so I can do a treatment on this colony before they spread.(i will be removing this piece from my...
  20. myzislow

Some coral feeding pics I thought were cool

Just got through with a morning feeding for my corals. Had to take some pics as my shroms put on quite a display today. It's really cool to see how fat and puffy all the acans get. Max, the micro ate like a pig! heh