Search results

1. myerst22

Anyone ever keep a Flame trunkfish???? Info.?

Hello all. I have been mulling over what I want to do as far as my next display. I have always wanted to do a "sub-tropical" display. I am thinking of something like the 150 cube and having a dedicated chiller and keep temps in the lower to mids 60"s. One fish, which I have only seen once in...
  2. myerst22

Color Variations of Fuscus Triggers

Anyone know the difference in color of Fuscus Triggers found in different locales. Both juvi and adult colors? Any pics and where they were collected would be great. This Fuscus is a juvi and was caught around West Africa. Thanks T
  3. myerst22

Newly Adopted Wrasse.

Hello all. A local fellow -- member is breaking down one of his smaller tanks that had only one fish in it. He was nice enough to give it to me. The only time I have taken care of Halichores Wrasses was when I ran a LFS. So I never had kept one for an extended period of time. I know some...
  4. myerst22

Hope you enjoy these pics as much as I do!!!

Hello all. As some of you know I am a rare fish junky!!! I constantly search for pics of fish that I have never seem or rarely see and add them to my huge library of pictures. So enjoy!!! Which one would you take if had the chance???!!!! Tim
  5. myerst22

Got me a a minnow that ups the game...

Hey all. Sorry aqua. Just got something special. Thought I would share a little pic. T
  6. myerst22

Couldn't resist the temptation.....

I am fully aware of not buying a fish on impulse, but I couldn't resist. Though I have kept the species with success before I contemplated the purchase for some time. I am moving in a few weeks and plan on upgrading my display to a 250 or 300 marineland starfire cube. I planned on finally...
  7. myerst22

Question for SWF? Why Wild Caught Bangais?

Hello. I was just wondering why you would carry wild caught Bangai cardinals knowing they are extremely threatened and captive bred bangais are readily available? Thanks, Tim
  8. myerst22

So why Are Blue Spot Rays so difficult?

Hello all. Looking to try something different and considering keeping a species only 180 of blue spot rays with the intention of trying to breed them. I have kept, bred, and raised freshwater motoros and teacups with no problem. So why are these rays so difficult to keep? I know that some...
  9. myerst22

Stumped. ID this trigger?!

10. myerst22

Check out this super rare angel video

Hello all. Found this video of probably the most exotic, rarest, expensive, desirable angelfish on the planet. Not familiar with a peppermint angel? Well it is a Genicanthus Boylei found in deep deep water. No other fish looks anything like this guy. Known to be very difficult to keep, though...
  11. myerst22

Some Really Nice Hard To Find Fish Fs

Hello all. I have decided to sell most of my collection. I have decided to go a different route with my tank and want to keep smaller rare stuff, i.e small wrasses, basslets, Genicanthus, blennies, etc. So I need to get rid of the ones that are too big. All fish are in perfect health and...
  12. myerst22

Update on my new Dragon

I have had my new male Hawaiian Dragon for almost two weeks. He finally ate for the first time 4 days ago. He took some fresh chinks of yellow fin Tuna I had caught. The dragon has good taste!!! He seems to be doing really well. When I released him initially I let him go on the opposite...
  13. myerst22

Thought I would share he as well. My dragon has arrived

I posted in the fish forum but thought I would post here as well as many here know the struggle it has been to find this eel. So here he is my small Hawaiian dragon Moray, about 13". Tim
  14. myerst22

The Dragon Is Finally in his Lair!!!!!!! Harley, FINALLY

After an exhaustive search to find the fish I wanted, my patience shows great results. I have been looking for this fish for several months. I was able to find large specimens pretty easily, but a small one was no where to be found. I decided about a month and half ago to pre-order and pay...
  15. myerst22

Wrought Iron Butterflys

Hello all. Does anyone have experience with Wrought Iron Butterfly's? A few questions? Will the Wrought get along with my Tinker's Butterfly? The Wrought I am looking at will be about a 1" bigger. Also do you think my big black tang is going to try and kill it because they are both mostly...
  16. myerst22

WTB Dragon Eel

Still looking for a small Haw. or Jap. Dragon Moray. Anyone have any clue where to get one? Thanks, Tim
  17. myerst22

Where is Ian and his problem?

Hey Ian, What happened to the thread? What is the deal with shutting down a thread. We were having a clear discussion about a situation that everyone could certainly learn from. This is a great way to show the chances of things going wrong when trading aggressive fish. Tim
  18. myerst22

Show off your FO FTS

Hello all. I have the hardest time getting a decent FTS. So went ahead and got a tripod as many suggested would help with taking a decent shot. Still not very satisfied with the result but thought I would share none the less. Would love to see some your FTS and also some suggestions on how...
  19. myerst22

FS 3" Black Tang Z Rostratum

For sale is a rare fish, very very rare at 3". Z. rostratum, Black Tang. Price is 600 including shipping. Amazing fish rarely if ever offered at this size. Usually only available 6" and above for the same price. Won't last. Regards, Tim
  20. myerst22

Dragon Moray

Hello i am looking for information about the Japanese Dragon Moray. What are the differences between Hawaiian and Japanese varietes? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tim