Search results

1. johnnyd

Green Spotted Puffer

ok i have 2 GSP's and they are in fresh water and i want to put them into my saltwater tank because the have to be in full salt when they get older anyways. so when can i start to introduce salt and how much should i increase the SG amounts and for how long. thanks
  2. johnnyd

Rdsb/fowlr

i just added my remote deep sand bed to my fowler tank tonight. i have 3 nems in it for the clowns i so want to drop nitrates, and reduce algea growth from the high nitrates. i used a 5g bucket with pvc and maxijet 1200. i post some pics tonight. going to see how much it reduces my nitrates. i...
  3. johnnyd

Niger Trigger

picked up a 3 inch niger and hopefully it can stay in my tank. it was aggressive at the pet store they said. it has bit my dwarf angel (more of a peck) and my marron clown (peck also) when they go by his cave. i think its just showing the fish whos boss and that the fish doesnt want them going...
  4. johnnyd

Trigger Fish Teeth

do you have to feed triggers hard shells to keep there teeth filed like you do with pufers?
  5. johnnyd

which type of external over?

i was looking on the 2 docs site and want to know which is best to get, the CS overflow with aqualifter, the esshopps u tube over flow (has no opening on the top of u tube for a aqualifter, or the B and R u-tube overflow which has an opening at the top of the u-tube for an aqualifter.
  6. johnnyd

Dwarf/toby Puffers

will these eat snails if there kept well fed? i woant to keep algae off my rock and have snails to help with this. also will any of these eat sea urchins/brittle stars etc...?
  7. johnnyd

Dwarf/toby Puffers

will these eat snails if there kept well fed? i woant to keep algae off my rock and have snails to help with this. also will any of these eat sea urchins?
  8. johnnyd

Mimic Saddle Puffer

Im looking into getting on of these fish, they are acutally a filefish and look just like the saddle puffer but arnt aggressive etc...does anyone have any info on these it says there not reef safe but it doesnt seem like they will eat inverts like an actual puffe would.
  9. johnnyd

how to set up sump

how do i get a sump set up? if i get the overflow box etc what do i need for return pump, pipes, and how do i get the sump to stay at a constant level and not overflow.
  10. johnnyd

JohnnyD's 28 Euro Bow Front

true perc and rods baby onyx perc in the BTA
  11. johnnyd

FS : Maroon pair and carpet anemone

for sale. one is about 3 inches big and the other clown is about 1 1/2 inches. the carpet is a green hadoni and is about 10 inches when open. i will post pics tonight. asking 60$ plus shipping. both maroons are hosting.
  12. johnnyd

Brazilian horned moray eel

does any one have some info on these? i just ordered one online, but i cant find any info on them online. how big will they get and how aggressive are they. its going in a 55g for now. any help will be great and yes around the time it gets to to big it will go into a 125g. also what can i keep...
  13. johnnyd

Puffers?

which puffer is the least aggressiveand stays the smallest? the spotted puffer, valintini puffer, or blue hawaian puffer. i want to get one of the 3 for my 55g.
  14. johnnyd

Wtb Orange/rare Zoa's

15. johnnyd

WTB a RBTA

if anyone has a RBTA for sale reply or send me a pm thanks.
  16. johnnyd

coralife 48" 300 watt MH

as the title says, it has 20k bulbs and just turned 3 months old. this light goes for 600$ brand new. make me an offer pls. also it has 3 top mounted fans and stays very cool and has 2 external ballasts.
  17. johnnyd

For Sale In Oregon>>>>>>>

ill be going to college in a different town and cant have a 55g in my apartment so im selling everyhting in it. all sizes are estimates! 1. three inch coral beauty 2. two green chromis (one 1 inch and other 2 inches) 3. 1 engineer goby about 2.5 inches 4. 1 tube anemone about 4 inches across...
  18. johnnyd

whats your mandarin success???

Caring for a Mandarin Goby (in a Nano Tank) by: josh day Let's not beat around the bush. The purpose of this article is to discuss housing a mandarin goby in a nano reef tank, i.e. a 5-20 gallon saltwater aquarium. And you probably thought I couldn't get any more controversial... Due to the heat...
  19. johnnyd

pods eating my coral!!!

pods are eating my zao's! i have been watching they and they look like osi and amipods and there are tons of them that are huge!!! like almost a quarter inch long. ive done alot of reading and the pods are doing the eating i watch them theres no nudi eating zao etc...are they doing this because...
  20. johnnyd

Gyrostoma Quadricolor

the bulb anemone that SWF.com sells???? is it similiar to a BTA? im thinking about getting one, so will they host clowns etc.....anyone who has some info on the species thanks