Search results

1. lmecher

longhorn cowfish

happy birthday to me! I stopped at my local fish store today, I mentioned this cute cowfish (restocking my 125 after year and 1/2 of disinterest) My husband suprised me with it this evening. Great guy! He is adjusting well. He is just as social as in the store. He ate a small chunk of shrimp...
  2. lmecher

longhorn cowfish

delete
  3. lmecher

Octopus "Aquamarine"

We got this one at the end of January. She is O. briareus. She belongs to my 13 yr. old daughter. Aqua is nocturnal however she has been coming out with the light on occasionally now. I have been working with her (late at night, too late for Sam) getting her used to humans. We are progressing...
  4. lmecher

octopus from SWF

oops please delete
  5. lmecher

octopus from SWF

I purchased this O. hummelincki or caribbean two spot from Saltwaterfish.com. I thought I'd share it here. It has been in my tank for four days so far. It is very active and eating both frozen and live food. Unfortuantely I am leaning towards female. I hope she dosen't brood soon, a common...
  6. lmecher

Octopus O. Vulgaris

This is El Diablo. It is always luck of the draw when ordering an octopus. I had ordered an O. briareus and received an O. vulgaris. A species which get considerably larger and was fast out growing my tank. I set up a 120 just for her. Here are are a couple photos. Transferring her into the new...
  7. lmecher

My mobile xenia

My xenia had been growing well, it just began spreading, I was very happy. Until today.
  8. lmecher

Is it red or green?

Just got this little guy in a trade for a few frags. The owner insisted it is a rbta. It will be interesting to see how it looks after it settles in. I just added it a few hours ago, will post an update tomorrow. I don't know but it sure looks green to me.
  9. lmecher

Octopus

I just received my second octopus yesterday. I am hoping this one lives longer. With octopuses it is near impossible to tell the age especially when the species is unknown. My first was (not positively identified as O. adopus possibly aculetus) and lived for 3 weeks before it showed signs of...
  10. lmecher

Not a host anemone but....

I am expecting an addition to my mini carpet tank so I was rearranging. In the process I happened to catch a couple splitting thought maybe some might enjoy these. Water is a little cloudy for moving rocks. Update couple hours later.
  11. lmecher

New baby

I was given an onyx today. It is just over an inch long, so tiny. I put it in my biocube. I had a yellow watchman goby in there too. The normally sweet, timid goby started going after it. I flipped out and the goby is gone. (in another tank) This clown is so tiny I had to cover the overflow...
  12. lmecher

Upgrading

Yesterday was the day, tore down my 37 and got the 50 up and running. It will be the future home to my bta's and ocellaris pair. It is looking good, still need to tweek the rockwork a bit. I am really loving the 250 HQI sunpod. Here it is this morning. My fish and anemones are in temporary...
  13. lmecher

Palay Identification

Can anyone put a name to these? Have yet to identify these, they are very slow growers. Colors are accurately represented by photo.
  14. lmecher

Here We Go Again

15. lmecher

New gbta came

My gbta came today, still in bag acclimating.
  16. lmecher

My tiny roses

Some of you may remember my tiny roses that keep splitting. I just wanted to share a photo I just took. This little guy has never looked better.
  17. lmecher

Bubblicious split again

My little rose just split again. I cought it this time. This is the littlest anemone and it just keeps splitting, I have been feeding heavily hoping for growth but it has a mind of it's own.
  18. lmecher

Early Christmas Present

My ocellaris gave me an early Christmas present! Looked into tank while throwing a huge party and this is what I saw.
  19. lmecher

Bubblicious has a friend

My onys perc is hosting bubblicious. It took appx. 1 month. It just split 2 days ago I am watching, so far it has been very gentle. b/w ocellaris is getting curious.
  20. lmecher

Bubblicious Split

Today my smallest rbta split. It was suprising because I missed it. I have been able to photograph all my other splits. I guess that is what happens around the holidays, just too busy. I thought I'd share.