Search results

1. john rambo

Light Upgrade/Scrubber?

Hello everyone, I've had a 65 gallon aquarium and over the past year I've really noticed my corals taking a turn for the worse. At first, I thought it was something with my water quality. My nitrates are always low though and I haven't done anything differently. The corals were in a 46 gallon...
  2. john rambo

Cotton Growth on Clown (Pictures)

Hi All, My Clownfish of 5 years has some cotton growth below his lower lip. I first noticed it yesterday. He's been mated with another clown for years. They are both in an established 65 gallon aquarium. All tank parameters are fine, so I won't waste your time. To be honest, I haven't had to...
  3. john rambo

Finishing my 65G Stocking?

Hey all, Just wanted to share a build I wrapped up on several weeks ago. I'll try to get better photos and a video in this thread at some point. Framing an aquarium in a wall has been a goal of mine for as long as I can remember. The tank is a 65 gallon Aqueon. Very basic set up, but has been...
  4. john rambo

My Framed in Wall 65 Gallon

Hey all, *Update* I finally got around to editing a video from start to finish. I hope you all enjoy it! I'm definitely thrilled with how the tank is continuing to do great (been running since January). Just wanted to share a build I wrapped up on several weeks ago. I'll try to get better...
  5. john rambo

Black Insert Help for my 65?

Hello all, I've recently purchased a non-drilled 65 gallon Aqueon aquarium. This setup will sound a bit odd, but essentially I'm looking to conceal my equipment without using a sump. I currently have a 46 gallon bow front with a canister filter. I've ran it for 3 years with zero issues - all...
  6. john rambo

Help me with my zoanthids!

Hello all, A few months ago I picked up a colony of zoanthids. I have several different types of zoanthids in my tank, all have appeared very healthy. However, a few days ago I noticed one of my zoanthid colonies had began to "close up". I noticed what appears to be a aiptasia anemone within...
  7. john rambo

46 Gallon Bow - Input/Suggestions?

Hello all, Not new to the hobby, but new to corals. I recently broke down my 125 FOWLR as I have moved to a 3rd floor apartment. I have a 46 gallon bow front. Over 80lbs of live rock and a 4" sand bed. It is being ran by API Filstar M (rated for 75 gallons) - any suggestions on media? I have...
  8. john rambo

Which brand of Refugium Mud?

I'm new to Refugiums. CaribSea Mineral Mud or Fiji Mud Refugium Booster? Thanks.
  9. john rambo

Need Help changing Wet/Dry to Refugium

In an attempt to get my nitrate levels drastically lower I'm taking Beth's advice and adding a Refugium to my aquarium. I have a mega-flow model 3 wet/dry filter. I took out the bio-balls years ago. It only has the blue filter pad that goes in the black tray and the blue rectangular sponge right...
  10. john rambo

Constipated Puffer (help)

I have a 125 saltwater aquarium fowlr that has been running for nearly two years housing a large stars and stripes puffer. I do water changes every 2 to 3 weeks and I have not made any recent changes to the aquarium. Recently when feeding my puffer I have noticed his belly seems to be bulking...
  11. john rambo

Replacing Lights, What to get?

I have a 125 FOWLR. I have loads of Live Rock and the only fish is a very large Stars and Stripes Puffer. I have had the tank running for nearly two years. The rock has slowly been losing some of it's more desired colors and is turning to Yellow,brown, and green. It's warming up and there is a...