Search results

1. small triggers

submersible LED'S anyone use them?

Hey all, i found some submersible leds... im wanting to use them in my 12g cube for extra light, though i am not going to submerge them...i was just going to attach them around the lighting thats already there for more light.. anyone use these or seen them used?
  2. small triggers

Cubes...What do you keep in your chambers??

SO im setting up my 12g cube... i have always just kept the sponge, then live rock rubble and then the pump in my 3 chambers... but what do you all keep in yours? or have you modded your chambers in any way??
  3. small triggers

Re-Setup OLDDD 12g

So, I think someone is finnally gonna buy my 150g setup, so I am downsizing to my 12g old JBJ ive had sitting im my garage.. The guy doesnt want the livestock so Im gonna have to consign them at the LFS (all big aggressives) BUT i am keeping all of my soft corals. xenia, kenya trees, mushrooms...
  4. small triggers

Hydrogen Peroxide Oxygenation???

So ive been reading a new book lately, and it offers the advice that if you have a power outtage, to add normal 3% Hydrogen peroxide, 1tsp per 50g, every 6 hours to keep the oxygenation up....HHRRMMM i dont frequently have long power outages but im wondering ai anyone has heard or tried this...
  5. small triggers

Ozone- anyone use it?

I just finished the article in the new CORALS about Ozone. Great positives, alot of negatives. I'd like to hear anyones personal opinions and of course from anyone who has used or is using it.
  6. small triggers

DIY UV - anyone built one before?

I had a 9watt UV that has split apart (because I was using a tad bit to much flow) and am wanting to build one that would not seperate. I am thinking of a 4 inch piece of PVC and using the sheath and bulb and wiring from my old unit. Anyone done this before??
  7. small triggers

female trigger changed to a male

SO, my female blue jaw,, ya know boring grey/brown has now decided to be a boy,, OH YEAH pretty yellow edging and actual blue jaw and ALL... she a he now. Ive got the before pic when i had everyone in the 35g and ill have to get a glld pic of HIM now. I've had this fish for a little over 2 years.
  8. small triggers

shoulda gotten a pic

Well, ive had a green bta for about 3 weeks now, and i got a sand sifting goby. Mind you I have a 150g very aggressive tank with 4 triggers, hawkfish, kole tang and 2 maroon clowns. WELL, the hawkfish didnt like the sand sifter and beat him up a bit, right into the awaiting arms of my BTA,, well...
  9. small triggers

killer foxface

so, yesterday (while of course i'm having a horrible day already and stayed home from work to deal with a death in my family) as i decided to feed my fish while i was home and could watch them. Everyone ate,, then the toadfish and humma decided a little game of chase was in the works, the humma...
  10. small triggers

AWESOME new toadfish

SO, i was so moved by Arlenes toad that I wanted one too. My LFS has had it for over 2 months and I thought,, that is definently only a face a mother could love. So, now hes in there ( I needed something to replace my lost queen angel, an frankly just couldnt put something the same in). Well, Im...
  11. small triggers

queen angel w/pop eye??

I have had this queen angel in my DT for about 6 weeks now. Last week my PH was low so she was stressing and her face was starting to lose color and she had these celophaney bags near her mouth that were expanding as she was breathing. That went away when i used a PH buffer to raise it to 8.3...
  12. small triggers

queen angel loosing color in face

I have a vey pretty queen angel who is losing the color in her face, and she has the ?puffy like clear celophane bags (really tiny) in front of her eyes. They kinda go in and out as she breathes. Shes not getting picked on, that i have ever seen, except when she tries to get in to the maroon...
  13. small triggers

my 150 build

so, I have my 150g tank, and have finally after about 4 months started the stand build. Heres what's done so far from this past week. The cutting and assembly of the skeleton of the base. the caulk and kilz (only 2 coats so far) Cut the skin and have laid out a plan for the moulding. All will be...