Search results

1. lost in it all

ODYSSEA lighting?

anyone use these or have experience with them? I am thinking my 48" 2x 150 halide with 2 96w pc will not be enough for my 150 so i was thinking about putting a 24" fixture with a 250W 20k light in front or back of the larger fixture. any suggestions,
  2. lost in it all

using ro water

I just tested my ro water and i was wondering do i need to add anything to it before i use it for top off water? the ph is right around seven,
  3. lost in it all

ID please

wondering exactly what this is my lfs is always labeling everything they sell wrong.
  4. lost in it all

need a new led for coralife

one of my moonlights went out on my coralife fixture and i am trying to figure out where or how to get a replacement any help?
  5. lost in it all

this is how you clean a used aquarium!

My nephews love to help me build, fix, and maintain things around the house. When i got my used 150 covered in coraline they wanted to help clean it.
  6. lost in it all

on my mushroom rock?

Wondering if thi is some type of algee or something else bad. it was on the rock when i got it. the green long bubbles to the left of the shrooms. plus if anyone would know exactly what type of shrooms those are thanks. I am not any good at ID's Thanks all
  7. lost in it all

can you change out a 150 for a 250

i have a coralife fixture with two 150 W metal Halides in it i was wondering is there a difference in the reflector and bulb size (length)? So can i disconnect the 150 ballast and replace with a larger one and larger light.
  8. lost in it all

how do you calculate water flow, pvc?

a was wonding how you figure out water flow through pvc, on an overflow. i know one inch is rated for 600gph but what would 1 1/4 and 3/4 or 1/2 be i am asking because i will be diverting a 1 inch overflow between a skimmer and sump and putting a pipe around 350 gph would be eiser then trying...
  9. lost in it all

ps8 skimmer, setup?

i just got my 150 gal tall tank and the guy had a ps8 skimmer made by reef mania. i looked for suggestion on how it should be set up but i couldn't find much. The tank has dual overflows and i am handy with plumbing so here is what i was thinking. one overflow straight to the sump/refu and the...
  10. lost in it all

Painting a glass tank?

I just got a used 150 gal and i want to paint the back. any suggestions on what colors everyone likes the best. and what kind of paint do you use that sticks to the glass. oh yeah stand will be black.
  11. lost in it all

fish sliding on rock?

I just put my 3" yellow belley pacific blue tang in my tank after being in quarantine and it has started to continously slide along the edge of the LR in the tank. I have not seen any of my other fish do this any help?
  12. lost in it all

coralife pro 150 hallide?

I have come across a 48" coralife pro with 2x 150 hallides in it i was trying to figure out if these lights would be strong enough when i upgrade to a 120 gallon tank any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.