Search results

1. robertmathern

What the hell

I get a call today from an indian guy that said his name was Danny Spencer (yeah). He said he was from some law center in cali and that I took a pay advance a few months ago from some Advance Cash Mutual and never paid. He is going to sue me but we could settle out of court for 500 bucks. I...
  2. robertmathern

Man did I screw up last night.

I traded someone some live rock for some macro alge yesterday. Well I also decided to top off the tank. Now I have a flood alarm but my son figured out if he throws the sensor in the water the alarm will go of so I unplugged the battery. I fell alseelp on the couch and the wife woke me up so I...
  3. robertmathern

My tank finally recovered from the electrocution

Here are some pics I took last night FTS
  4. robertmathern

Why me this sucks

I have just seen the worst thing ever today. Came home from work noticed my pink birds nest had bleached then I noticed all and I mean all my sps were bleaching then noticed my lps and zoas looking awful. I already was going to do a water change today so I got ready to do it. Figured I would...
  5. robertmathern

Gots a question

Most all of us have herd that most marine animals cant really see the color red. Thats why we can use red lenses or a flashlight to look at our tanks at night with out bothering anything in the tank. Well Riddle me this batman if that is true then when my false perc was alive (RIP little guy)...
  6. robertmathern

A few pics of my reef

Just figured I will show off a little FTS My new addition will post more in a bit
  7. robertmathern

Guess he was hungry

I just had to share this pic
  8. robertmathern

A very helpfull little tool I found for cheap

I got a flood alarm at another online fish store but you can pick them up at the home of the depots for 10 bucks. Its like a smoke alarm but detects water. I have to and they have saved me a few headachs. Since my rodi is hooked directly to my sump if I forget to shut it off and the water gets...
  9. robertmathern

Northeast florida Reefers

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this on this site but here goes if it is not allowed Mods feel free to delete. Just let me know if you do. Anyway I am trying to set up a frag swap arround the Jacksonville FL area. It will have free food drinks and fun. It will be a good event with lots of...
  10. robertmathern

My 1000 post

Well I posted this on another site. But since all my good friends here helped to build my tank. I will share with you all how it is comming along. Its been running for about 3 months now. First pic was when I got my rock after some reaquascaping I got tired of the color of the water from the...
  11. robertmathern

Acclimation process for corals

I am getting my first corals in today. A zoo frag and a suncoral. My question how do you guys acclimate them. Or do I just do it the same why as I do my fish. Drip acclimate them for a few hours (like this site shows you just over there to the left)
  12. robertmathern

Calling all northeast florida reefers.

Me and another guy are trying so to up a reef club in the Jacksonville and surrounding areas. To hold frag swaps and to meet with other reefers so we can pick each others brains. And just get to know other in the hobby. (cuz I feel like I am the only one arround here crazy enough to be in the...
  13. robertmathern

Leaving light of Question

I am finally tired of looking at the cyano in my tank. It is not bad at all but it must go. I know I got it from overfeeding. Hey a newbie is allowed to make a mistake if it has been corrected now. But the cyano seem to stay. Today I left my lights off all day. Only the light from the house...
  14. robertmathern

How did my hermit get stuck in my power head

I just got home from work and noticed one of my hermits out of his shell and stuck to my korilla now he was alive intill I tried to get him off. I accidently pushed him into the power head and well I am sure you know the rest. My question is what would cause him to do that. I have lots of shells...
  15. robertmathern

Coralkeeper Where is my sons newyears party hat

LOL just kidding man.
  16. robertmathern

My new addition

Check out my new crab. This guy is huge. For only 8 bucks. I dont think the hair alge is going to be arround much longer.
  17. robertmathern

aquascaping advice needed

Ok I have set up my tank with 80lbs of live rock. 50lbs fiji and 30lbs of key west (I live in florida so cheap). But all I have is round bricks stacked up I have done the best I can to make it look good. However after reading the post on how many lbs per gallon. I am wandering I should not take...
  18. robertmathern

refugium light?

I have been using a regular light bulb in my fuge but I plan on getting some chetao this comming weekend. I know to use a 6700 k spiral bulb. I have not been able to find them at home dep or anywhere else. But food lion has some 12000k bulbs will that be ok for my fuge or should I keep looking...
  19. robertmathern

Electricty ??

I have 2 seprete lighting systems on my tank. the first is 2 24'' standered floursent 2X20 watts per fixture. So 4X20watss the other is a 2 bulb 48'' fixture 2X40 watts. I put a 48'' coral life 20k bulb in and it burned out in a week. Why also one of my antics on the 24'' when the light comes on...
  20. robertmathern

New way to kill aptasia

I found a nem last night on my sand so I scouped it out and put it in a jar. And while shooting the itsh with my brother. We came up with the idea to but beer in a seringe and feed it to the nem. The nem seemed to love it he was eating the beer like crazy. Then shriveled up and died. My question...