Search results

1. fishlawyer

Homer Simpson is in My Reef!

Help! What Should I do? He Even Brought Ned Flanders!
  2. fishlawyer

Reef Photo Question

Hey All So, I was trying to get pictures of my "2 Headed Feather Duster" when my old camera finally quit. Anyway, since my old Camera is dead, I figured this would be a good chance to get a new one!!! (My firm also doesn't have a camera for documenting evidence, so this would be a good...
  3. fishlawyer

2-Headed Feather Duster

Hey All So, a couple days ago I picked up the first additions to my new "Red Room 54 Gallon Corner Tank." (Pictures will be up tomorrow.) Anyway, today I noticed that two of the three feather dusters I purchased seem to have two seperate heads poking out of the same opening? (Two distinct...
  4. fishlawyer

54 Gallon Corner - Stock List

Hey All So, after being up and running for a while, it looks like my new 54 Gallon Corner tank will soon be ready for some fishies! Anyway, I currently have a Fluval G6, Seaclone 100, 55 Lbs of Live Rock and 40 Lbs of Aragonite in it and it looks like I am just about through the cycling phase...
  5. fishlawyer

Least Favorite Fish

Hey All Well, we all have done it... We have bought a fish that really didn't suite us... Personally, I have had good experiences in this hobby for the most part. There is however, one little exception. I recently purchased a beautiful Bi-Color Angelfish from my LFS for my office display...
  6. fishlawyer

Should I Go Topless?

Hey All So, after having my new 54 gallon corner tank set up for only 2 weeks, I have decided to ditch the current stock 30" Florescent Set-Up and go with a more powerful lighting system. I have ordered a 24" canopy with a single 250W Metal Halide Bulb, four T5 Florescents and four dual LED...
  7. fishlawyer

Tiny Picasso Trigger

Hey All So, I was at my LFS today and saw what is quite possibly the smallest trigger I have ever seen! It was a Picasso Trigger and it was less than 0.5 inches long! I mean, it was smaller than a quarter! Anyone ever seen such a small trigger at a fish store? I was thinking of buying it and...
  8. fishlawyer

How Much Water Flow is Too Much?

Hey All So, am going to my LFS on Tuesday to pick up a new powerhead for my 54 Gallon Corner Build. I already have a Fluval G6 (650 GPH) with the dual outlets, but I want to add a powerhead to get extra water flow. (This is tank #3 and I have learned the hard way that you need lots of water...
  9. fishlawyer

Have You Put One of Your Babies Up For Adoption?

Hey All Thought it might be interesting to see whether you guys have ever given a fish away that got either too aggressive or too big for your tank(s). I have only been at this hobby for about 18 months, but I have already had to do it a few times. Had to do it with a S+S Puffer and a Coral...
  10. fishlawyer

Fluval G6 - 1 Year Review

Hey AllSo, in setting up my new 54 Gallon Corner tank, I decided to purchase the new Fluval G6 Cannister Filter. Given the hype built up around this filter, I have decided to do a 1 year ongoing review of this black beauty. Hopefully this ongoing review will give many of you a feel for just...
  11. fishlawyer

Red-Room 54 Gallon Corner Thread

Hey AllSo, I just got my new All-Glass 54 Gallon Corner Tank. Anyway, I figured that this would be the chance to try out some new technology I have been wanting to buy.I purchased a new home about a year ago and it was a little large for just myself and my wife. (5 Bedrooms and we have no...
  12. fishlawyer

The Red-Room 54 Corner Diary

Moved to Reef Tank Forum - Sorry :)
  13. fishlawyer

Marc's 12 Gallon Nano - DIARY

Hey All So, I picked up a used 12 Gallon JBJ Nano Deluxe last week. Tank, Stand, 35 Lbs of Live Rock and Sand, and the best part is this... It has been sitting and cycling for the past 3 months without any life in it whatsoever! (It was a gift to a girl from an ex boyfriend.) I did all the...
  14. fishlawyer

My Eel Attacked!

Hey All So, I posted on here a while ago that in the past year or so my Aquarium has been a little dull. (I havn't purchased or lost a fish in about 9 months...) My current setup includes 3 Yellow Tail Damsels, 1 Large Marron Clown, a Yellow Tank and a Snowflake Eel... (Plus cleanup crew...)...
  15. fishlawyer

Need Set-Up Advice...

Hey All So, I finally pulled the trigger on a new tank for the sitting room in my home. I decided to go with a 54 Gallon Corner Tank with the matching Pine Stand and Cannopy from AGA. (All Glass Aquariums). Only downer is that it will take about 3-4 weeks to get to me. Only question I have...
  16. fishlawyer

JBJ 28 Gallon...

Hey All So, it has been about 9 months since I last posted on here... Since then, my two office tanks have been going absolutely perfectly. (With the exception of an escaped eel that I thankfully caught alive and a shark that got too big and had to be given away.) I just clean the two tanks...
  17. fishlawyer

Spiny Lobster...

Hey All: So, after a partial tank meltdown, I have decided to not add anything else that swims to my office tank for another 6-8 weeks. (Althought I have checked all my paramaters and they all seem perfect.) Anyway, in the mean time I decided to focus on getting the inverts I want. Since I...
  18. fishlawyer

Nitrate Removing Materials

Hey All So, I know the best way to remove Nitrates is through Live rock and water changes. BUT, I was wondering if any of the commercially avaliable products actually do it too??? I started using Fluval's nitrate removing filver medial in my FX5 about a month ago, and I actually noticed a...
  19. fishlawyer

Tank Imploding! Help!

Hey All: In the past 24 hours I have lost a Flame angel and Porc. Puffer to what seems like Marine Velvet. They were both new and from different stores, but seemed to develop it and die very quickly. They are now out of the tank, and my last 2 fish seem fine. (No spots, good appetite, seem...
  20. fishlawyer

Puffed Puffer... Cutie

Hey All Here is Cutie the Puffer. He is only about 1 inch long and is absolutely amazing! I was cleaning the tank yesterday and I think I got a little too close for his comfort so he puffed! First and hopefully the last time I see him do this, since it isn't real good for him. I grabbed the...