Search results

1. socalnano24

ID please; haven't seen this before

Ok so this is in my 29 gallon; and no the picture is not substrate. I recently changed the flow in this tank ALOT; because my koralia died so it currently has a penguin powerhead strapped to it. Otherwise there's been nothing new for quite a while.         My first thought was clown eggs; as I...
  2. socalnano24

Show your top down

I've always liked taking pictures of my tank with the pumps off from above the water looking down. Anyways I thought it'd be a fun thread and a different way to see people's tanks So; show me your top down Here's an overall of my 24 nano and a close up :)
  3. socalnano24

So Bonus tank! What to do now?

Ok so I found a 15 gallon long next to the dumpster the other day in perfect condition. So I'm in the process of checking it for leaks. Thought I'd weigh some of the paths I could take, so Here are the options: 1. Keep it around as a back up tank, or QT 2. trade it out w/ my current 15 gallon...
  4. socalnano24

Too much in too small

Has anyone else noticed a strange trend resulting from the over abundance of small fragged corals; in which alot of the nano tanks are just full of plugs and square wedges w/ tiny pieces of coral? Sure you want to have alot in a small tank, but it gets to a point where its just a chaotic layout...
  5. socalnano24

Worm in Chaeto, 4" bobbitt maybe

Cranberry! I was pulling chaeto out of my nano sump and found a worm that has antenna coming out of its face... I'm working on getting him out so I can take a picture..... Updates to come
  6. socalnano24

Amazing full moon tonight

Ok maybe its not a fish, but it turned out as a cool shot
  7. socalnano24

Stop ordering livestock during crazy weather

Everytime I see a post about someones order arriving dead because it froze it pisses me off. The poster always blames fed ex or ups or wherever the order came from. Stop, pull your head out of your _ _ _ and don't order things when there's a chance its going to freeze on the way to your house...
  8. socalnano24

Clown Romance blog

Hi, so I have two true percs in my 24 nano. I bought them both at the same time in early October. One of them is about 3/4 inch the other 1 1/4 inches or so. The first month or so they just followed each other around and didn't necesarily interact any particular way towards each other. Then the...
  9. socalnano24

Opinions: EcoSystem Pro Series Hang on Back Wet/Dry Filter System

Ok as the title said I'm looking into a "EcoSystem Pro Series Hang on Back Wet/Dry Filter System" for an alternative for my new 40 gallon tank build. I was considering an intank setup similar to a giant nano, but this pretty much has everything I need, while adding an extra 6+ gallons to my...
  10. socalnano24

Let's see those holiday avatars!

So I know meowzer spanko an cranberry have the spirit. Post if you've got a holiday add on to your avatar. I know Nissan is currently missing out!
  11. socalnano24

Ok its a freshwater tank, but I wanna share.

I spent most of my weekend stocking my pico then did an overhaul on my nano, and I looked over at my freshwater tank and it looked sad to have no attention. So I did a little upgrade; I've been reading up on planted freshwater tanks, had 18W 1000K on my 15 gallon tall tank. Just got a 65 Watt...
  12. socalnano24

ID please - tiny zoa? mini anem?

Ok so I see this on the sand of my tank. It is BRIGHT, like almost flourescing bright. I'm thinking its a miniature clone of something else in my tank, unless there is the possibility that something was able to spawn. Current tank corals that are soft with green zoo bacteria. Two headed torch...
  13. socalnano24

PC JBJ Lighting, dual 36 watts (replacement time?)

I read up on this before posting and I think that what everyone else has experienced has started to happen in my tank. My back wall used to be COVERED in corraline, which has now slowly made way for a type of hair algae over a more bleached corraline. My GBTA anemone used to be complacent all...
  14. socalnano24

New Pico Tank Build

Ok, so last week I set up what I thought would be an easy copepod cultivation tank. By today I had a lifeless tank with dead phytofeast in it; and no visible signs of copepods..... So I decided to take a more proactive approach to the new tank; such as turning it into a mini reef tank! Went and...
  15. socalnano24

Copepod Culture 5.5 gallon tank build

First off, I have a 24 gallon nano tank, with a sixline wrasse and two true percs. It has 28 pounds of live rock; and a "nano fuge", with chaeto and nano glo lights in the back. I've noticed an abundance of copepods, as well as athropods (sp?) and decided to try a small green mandarin. I...
  16. socalnano24

Lost my job this morning(arch. field in S. Cali)

My company started laying off people about 13 months ago. We had hit 50% lay offs in July and my boss had told us that we hit the critical operating level of the company so they didn't think they could lay anyone else off and stay in business. I guess they're going to try! I work in the...
  17. socalnano24

40 gallon tank build

So my old neighbor moved to San Fransisco and left me with his new 40 gallon breeder tank. (Still in the packaging). Its 18"x18"x3 feet long. It will fit on the current tank stand for my nano24. I'm thinking about transferring the contents of my 24 nano over to it, or splitting what I have...
  18. socalnano24

Compatible fish?

So I have a 24 gallon that has been set up since mid April. I've had a false perc clown and a six line wrasse, who have done great together since mid to late May. Since then I've tried to add more fish and none have survived. red firefish, looked fine at first but ended up with nipped fins from...
  19. socalnano24

Deep Sea Fishing in Mexico

Anybody been lately? I'm heading out tonight for a few days and going about 100 miles south of San Diego. Hopefully will get some Albacore and Dorado.
  20. socalnano24

Corraline Survey

One of my friends is doing a presentation on corraline algae at a local fish club. I told him I'd ask if anybody had any input on it on here....kind of like a survey I was curious when people started to notice corraline on the backs of their tanks(or growth on rocks and glass)(from the time of...