Search results

1. cameraman954

Bristle Worm Problem?

A buddy of mine has a 29 gallon reef tank with a 15 gallon refugium. I was over his house the other day, and I noticed there were some bristle worms. They were pretty small, but from what I know they're a problem. So we checked his water levels and check everything, and all the tests came out...
  2. cameraman954

ID please :)

I got this coral for free a couple of months ago. It started as nub, and has been doing amazing. When I touch it, it feel like a montipora in a way, but the little circles you see are polyps that come out. Any idea?
  3. cameraman954

2 Problems I need Help With. Please Help

Ive had a biocube skimmer on my 29 gallon and I've never got junk to empty out. I've adjusted many time and nothing. Now, during a move, I got rid of my hang on refugium and got a 15 gallon tank and made that into a refugium and added a coral life skimmer. Same problem. No matter how I adjust...
  4. cameraman954

Question Regarding NatuReef

I want to add the two part Hardness Plus and Alkalinity Plus. The tank I want to add it to is a 30 gallon tank with a 5 gallon refugium. The directions aren't super clear. If I add it directly, how much should I add? If I decided to do a drip system, how long should I run it for and how much...
  5. cameraman954

ID Please

I have this frag, but honestly don't know the name of it or what parameters it likes. It's purple with orange centers --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cs0vxk
  6. cameraman954

Fragging Questions on Monti

I have this beautiful green Monti that has purple ridges. I want to frag a little bit of it off. It's probably 7 inches long by 8 inches across. Is there any tips or tricks I should know? Like is it as easy as snapping it of the Monti? I don't want to mess it up in the process. It's grown so...
  7. cameraman954

Green Hair Algae Problem

I have a green hair algae problem, but don't understand why. I have a refugium with a protein skimmer and a uv sterilizer. My water parameters are: Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 pH 8.3 Ammonia 0 Phosphate 0 Calcium 420 My bulbs are all a month old I have my light on for 7 hours I have only a pair a...
  8. cameraman954

My 29 Reef

9. cameraman954

Is there such thing as too many water changes?

I have a 29 galloon tank, with a 5 gallon hang on refugium. I have a biocube protein skimmer and UV sterilizer. My nitrates are 0 and my pH is about 8.3-4. My question is, is there such thing as too many water changes? I do a 5 gallon water change every weekend, but don't know if I'm over doing...
  10. cameraman954

10 Gallon Frag Tank Build with Refugium and LED's

So i'm making my own frag tank with a built in refugium in the back. it going to be 19.5 inches x 18 inches x 6.5 inches tall. Im thinking about making the refugium in the back (sort of like a biocube filtration). I'm making the refugium section 19.5 inches long x 4 inches x by 6.5 inches tall...
  11. cameraman954

elegance coral

snap a cool underwater photo with my iPhone, thought i'd share
  12. cameraman954

DIY Coral Viewer

So since i'm building my frag tank from the ground up, why no build coral viewers too? I went to Home Depot and bought a rain gutter pvc pipe attachment. I sawed off the piece into two, got some acrylic and some glue and wah-la. A coral viewer This is the piece I bought I sawed it into two...
  13. cameraman954

Lighting Help

I've made my own custom frag tank. The dimensions are 19.5 inches x 18 inches x 6.5 inches (LxWxH) I'm going to put egg crate in the section after the over flow. The section roughly about 19 inches x 14 inches. I want to buy LED lights for the frags. I want to have a little of everything, for...
  14. cameraman954

Carpet Anemone Problem

My carpet anemone got caught in my pump, but it was just a little section of it. Its a white carpet with yellow little tentacles. The part that got caught looks like white now and looks as if the tentacles came off. Is there any way I can help it? Or feed it something special?
  15. cameraman954

Gravid, or just bloated?

I have my Picasso Clown here and I'm just trying to find out if its gravid with eggs, or just bloated? I feed twice a day. A pinch of Pellets in the morning, and half a cube of Marine Cuisine around nighttime. So from the video which one is it? The best time in the video is about 22 - 23 seconds...
  16. cameraman954

Clownfish, Anemone, Help?

So after a big debate, I guess I have a Picasso clownfish. My first concern is, what can I match with it? Should I look for another one, or a snowflake, or a true perc, or an Australian black clown? These are the 4 clowns i've had on my mind, and don't know what is the best direction. Mine is...
  17. cameraman954

Culturing Phytoplankton

So i've been culturing my own live phytoplankton for a bout 2 months. Everything seems perfect. I was just wondering, is there anything I can add to the water? I add 1ml of Micro Algae Grow to each 2 - liter bottle. I heard some people put 1ml of Kent's Essential Elements to the mixture. Would...
  18. cameraman954

Need help please! :)

I have a 29 gallon tank in my room and I want to start have SPS, LPS, Clams, and Brains. Basically everything lol I'm looking to invest in a metal halide. I see fixtures such as lamps that do 150 or 250W. I was wondering which one should I look into? Like is 150w enough for any coral, or do I...
  19. cameraman954

Need Coral Help

I have a 29 gallon tank. the dimensions are 30 1/4 x 12 1/2 x 18 3/4 I have Coralife Lunar Aqualight that has 2 - 65 watt bulbs so its 130 watts I was wondering what corals are "safe" and which anemones are safe. It would be awesome to know some specific corals such as muchrooms, xenias, etc. I...
  20. cameraman954

Lighting Question

I have a 29 gallon tank. the dimensions are 30 1/4 x 12 1/2 x 18 3/4 I have Coralife Lunar Aqualight that has 2 - 65 watt bulbs so its 130 gallons I was wondering what corals are "safe" and which anemones are safe. It would be awesome to know some specific corals such as muchrooms, xenias, etc...