Search results

1. tannersmith200

New Nano Build: ATI Sunpower T5 or EcoTech Radion Pro???

Hey guys I just purchased a JBJ 30 gallon Rimless nano tank. I want this to be dominated by SPS corals. I am totally torn with what lighting to use. I need help! I am either going with a 24" ATI Sunpower T5 or EcoTech's Radion Pro LED. Thoughts? Thank you!
  2. tannersmith200

Passer Juvenile with cloudy eye in quarantine

Quote: Originally Posted by Beth Great news! Looks like the antibiotic took hold in the nick of time. Yes Today his eye looks even better. It's looking better each and every day. Unfortunately he appears to be blind at the moment in that eye. He uses his left eye to see food. One other...
  3. tannersmith200

Quote: Originally Posted by Beth Can you post an updated picture of the eye? I would still try to introduce more variety in the fish's diet. Were you able to get Zoecon or Selcon? Hey Beth I just wanted to post an update. About three days ago, this fish looked AWFUL! He had large...
  4. tannersmith200

I just wanted to give a quick update. The angel is eating voraciously and his eye 'may' look somewhat better. Before if his cloudy eye was turned toward me and his good eye away from me, he wouldn't know I was there. But now I can tell that he can see me from his cloudy eye. He has a reflex...
  5. tannersmith200

New 300 gallon In-Wall tank build

Quote: Originally Posted by RestinBones I'm in a similar situation with working crazy unpredictable hours. But going to be downsizing. Looking to build a nice nano with refuge and LEDs that's low maintenance, The wife and kids are not much help in the upkeep. I have to find a home for my large...
  6. tannersmith200

Help with a rebuild!

How's this tank doing? Long time no see
  7. tannersmith200

Quote: Originally Posted by Beth You will need to turn the lights off in the QT during treatment. You can turn them on for feeding purposes. Antibiotics are rendered less effective under UV. Leave lights on in the room so that the fish is not in darkness. Just prior to redose of M2, do a...
  8. tannersmith200

I started Maracyn 2 yesterday. It is the FW kind but that's all my LFS had. I simply doubled the dose. I hope this is a cure. Very anxious to see his progression over the next couple of days.
  9. tannersmith200

His right pectoral fin looks like it has some white invasive splotches on it
  10. tannersmith200

Make sure you set the videos to 1080p HD Before Now
  11. tannersmith200

I just fed him some PE mysis and he ate them with ease. He has a huge appetite. I am going to upload a quick video of his condition and I will post it here. I will have a before and after video posted momentarily. Thanks again Tanner
  12. tannersmith200

Quote: Originally Posted by Beth Water parameters look good. Offer the other food types for meals and then the algae sheet as a "snack". A diet of just algae isn't going to cut it. Don't do major water changes as that in itself will cause stress. How are you mixing your salt water? You...
  13. tannersmith200

Quote: Originally Posted by Beth He needs a lot more than nori. Nori is really for human consumption. Try getting some algae sheets made for fish. Additionally add some variety fish offerings, including meaty. See if your LFS has Spirulina. Look for variety and include an angel prep that...
  14. tannersmith200

Hello I bought a passer angel (4") last Tuesday and he has been doing wonderful except I started to notice two days ago that his right eye slowly began turning cloudy and protruding a little more than the other eye. His left eye is in great shape. He is eating very well (nori). I have began...
  15. tannersmith200

Increase Flow for my 330 gallon FO Marine

Add an EcoTech Marine Vortech MP60. I have just one on my 300 gallon FOWLR tank and it's a beast. Just my 2 c
  16. tannersmith200

DIY 350 gallon Saltwater Lagoon

Quote: Originally Posted by Ivan M When you get some spare chane, buy a GOPRO place it in the lagoon and film them from inside.....That will look AWESOME. I have an underwater digital camera. I have been wanting to do this. Heck, I will do it tonight and post it tomorrow. Good call
  17. tannersmith200

Quote: Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 very sweet lagoon setup. Quote: Originally Posted by Bang Guy I love it! Lagoons are awesome. I really miss mine sometimes. Quote: Originally Posted by dmanatee very nice Quote: Originally Posted by ppanthrah75 Very very nice thanks...
  18. tannersmith200

Quote: Originally Posted by Ivan M Now this has got to be one of the coolest things ever. I LOVE IT. Reminds me when i was a kid living in P.R. And swimming out to the shallow reefs and watching the fish standing up on the reefs.....Very good idea here and most EXCELLENT. Thanks Easily one...
  19. tannersmith200

See the 1st thread and check out the updated video. Enjoy
  20. tannersmith200

My new addition: Passer/King Angel Juvenile

Thanks. Very healthy fish.