Search results

1. lbannie

Redsea max 250 led

Hi guys! It's been a while. I've purchased a nice redsea max 250. I love it(wish it was bigger)! It had 4 t5 bulbs in the lighting setup....I finally got around to replacing them so I bought 6(the full amount) ati bulbs for it. I put the bulbs in and now only 2 work!! It wasn't the bulbs, so I...
  2. lbannie

Biocube 29 mod idea

Downsized my 40B to the coralife BC29. I'm loving it so far! Fish seem to be adjusting great. I just have the stock pump running at the moment. I'm realizing I will need to add another powerhead. I love the sleek look of the BC with no wires in the tank. So..... My idea was to somehow add...
  3. lbannie

Panorama Pros??

Anyone have these? I'm thinking of a couple strips for my biocube 29
  4. lbannie

Is this stupid?.....biocube

I have a 40 breeder. 2 clowns 2 damsels and sleeper goby. A few soft corals. We are going to be building our house soon. In the process we will be moving in with my mother in law.(yikes!) it will be into one large room with my 90 pound dog and 2 cats. I'm thinking its going to be cramped in...
  5. lbannie

New Skimmer, Corals look Great!!

I can't believe it. I just picked up a used coralife super skimmer 65 from eBay for $30. Didn't realize how big it would be! I hooked it up and although its a bit loud it seems to be working. It's pulled out very dark green liquid. Maybe 1/2 a cup? Before the skimmer, my Duncan's and palys were...
  6. lbannie

Reef Octopus BH 2000

Anyone have one? Would you buy it again? Noise level? Any microbubbles in tank? What size tank so you have it on? I'm thinking of ditching my canister for one of these on my 40 breeder.
  7. lbannie

Lifegard SeaHorse Pump?

Anyone use one? I've found a deal on a used 3/4 HP pump. My dream is to have at least a 180 gallon tank with the sump in basement. Would this pump be sufficient? Overkill? I won't need it for quite some time
  8. lbannie

Thinking about throwing in the towel...

Well I've had my 40 breeder tank for about 4 years now with plenty of ups and downs! I have 7 small fish and a couple softies. We're building a house soon, so I don't want to add anything else. After we move, my dream was to upgrade to a much larger tank with sump in basement. I've been doing...
  9. lbannie

ATI led power module

Just curious.... Anyone have these? How much did you pay? I currently have a reefbreeders led unit w full spectrum colors, but sometimes find myself wishing it was better. Can't seem to get everything to really pop. Eventually I'll be upgrading to a larger tank and I'm wondering if these new...
  10. lbannie

Evil Black Sand

Not sure if you read my other posts in the filtration section. I had a tank crash due to power failure and my neglect. So when I redid the tank I wanted to try black sand. Big mistake!!! I don't know if I got a bad batch or what. It was nothing but cloudy for over a month. I thought it was a...
  11. lbannie

Rena or Fluval?

Well I'm changing my mind again. I was interested in the Fluval G3, But they are pretty pricey! Now I'm going between the Fluval 406 And the Rena XP4. This is for my 40 gallon breeder tank. Which would you choose? Which one is more quiet? Thanks!
  12. lbannie

Fluval G3 ??

Anyone have one of these? What do you think? Are they worth the cost?
  13. lbannie

Eggs????

Could these be eggs! My yellow watchman goby will not leave them and fights off anything else that goes near them. I also have a grey w goby and they are always together. Is this possible? Do you think they will hatch? How long does that take?
  14. lbannie

Fed up w canister!! HOB??

My canister filter is nothing but a nightmare! I had the marineland c 360, and it worked well, but the constant microbubbles drove me nuts! I re did the connections called the company and still the bubbles are there. So then I bought a Chinese canister from eBay. Worked great super quiet no...
  15. lbannie

Tank crash!! So disgusted!!

I've been working 13 hour days lately and my tank has been suffering. My water became very cloudy and my mushrooms were melting. I lost two fish. I have this horrible dark green brown slimy algae on everything! So today's project is redoing the tank. I put all the rocks into a bucket with the...
  16. lbannie

OMG! Fluval FX5 for $15!!!

Can't believe it!! Just stopped at a yard sale And there it was!! The guy says make me an offer, So I reached in my pocket and said I have 15 bucks on me. Couldn't believe he said that's fine!!! Going home now to clean it up. Hope it works!!!
  17. lbannie

This may be dumb......

I have a small betta tank with an anarchis plant growing like crazy in there. Now I know people feed lettuce to their tangs. Could I put some of this plant in my reef tank? Just a thought. I have to cut some of it out anyway
  18. lbannie

Odyssea CFS 500 GPH Canister Filter??

Anyone using one of these? I'm thinking about one, maybe two for my 40 breeder
  19. lbannie

Help!! What's going on??

The other day my red serpent star lost an arm. Now this morning I find my other star like this!! There are 3 chunks taken out of him!! He's still alive but I don't think he'll make it. Could this all be from my terror fuzzy dwarf lionfish?? What else would do this?
  20. lbannie

Missing arm!!

Just lookin in my tank an my serpant starfish is missing one of his arms!! I don't know how that happened?? Better not be from my darn fuzzy dwarf lionfish!! Who is getting his own tank by the way. Will be arm regrow? Should I do anything? here's a pic if you can see it My watchman goby...