Search results

1. kylev

20g Redsea Max Nano

Hi everyone! Getting back into the hobby. Used to have several tanks in the past. Currently cycling a 20g redsea nano. Everything is going well so far. Just cant decide if I want to keep the black filters in the back or not. It has one in the back left corner and one above the return pump on...
  2. kylev

My 280g L Tank Reef

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I have posted so I thought I owe those of you who gave me a lot of help along the way some recent photos. Tank went through a rough patch but is now doing great! I am by no means a photographer and used my iPhone so don't hate on my picture quality...
  3. kylev

Hippo tang help

My hippo tang in my 280g DT has been very un active lately. For over the past week I barely see him and when I do he is basically just hanging out in one spot. His colors still look great, he's plenty fat and still occasionally eating just been very inactive and reclusive lately which is not...
  4. kylev

Birdnest Help plz

Part of one of my large birdsnest bleached out while I was out of town. The majority of it looks ok but not great. Should I leave it alone or break of the dead section so it doesn't spread? Thanks
  5. kylev

Watanabei Angel Help

Can anyone help me ID what is going on with my Watanabei angel on his head??? I just got it saturday and its currently in my 55g qt. Sorry the pics are not rotated right they appear correct until I attach them Thanks
  6. kylev

Crosshatch Hiding

My male crosshatch in my 280g has been hiding for the past 3-4 days. I haven't seen him swimming or eating the whole time. He is in the spot he usually only sleeps at. Not sure what's going on because every other fish and coral in the tank is doing great and everything test good. The female...
  7. kylev

Tang Compatibility

I currently have a 5+" hippo and a 3.5" purple tang in a 280g tank. After I move my crosshatch triggers out of the tank they will be the only larger fish in the tank. Would a black tang be an ok addition or would there be too much aggression with the other tangs?
  8. kylev

Crosshatch Help Please

Does anyone know what is going on with my female crosshatch? I just noticed this today. She's eating great and acting fine.
  9. kylev

20g Fish List Help

I have a 20g reef tank that I am setting up for my girl friend. It has been running for about 1.5 months now. We were thinking about doing one fish or possibly two. Money isn't a concern I just don't have much experience on stocking this small of a reef tank. All suggestion are welcome and if...
  10. kylev

Need Achilles HELP ASAP

I have an achilles tang in a 55g QT right now. I got him about 2 weeks ago and he has been eating great and very active. About 4 days ago he showed some signs of ich so I started hypo and just now got the salinity down to 1.09. I came home today and he is laying inside a pvc fitting and get up...
  11. kylev

20g Mixed reef tank diary

Hi everyone. I'm in the process of starting a 20g reef tank for my girl friend and would like some advice. I've got a 280 gallon reef tank allready set up that has a diary in the aggressive section as well. I've never set up a tank this small with the intentions of adding some sps. I'm going to...
  12. kylev

Pest Removal Help

Anyone know how I kill these guys without spreading them? Not sure if they are really considered a pest but I dont like either of them, one i believe is pagoda (inside the zoas) and the other some tube worms (taking out some zoas)??? Thanks
  13. kylev

Calcium Reactor///Biodenitrator ???'s

Hi everyone- I have a 280g L tank, the basic info and lot of pics can be found here https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/forum/thread/385598/280g-reef-tank-pics My first question is, do you feel a calcium reactor is a good investment for my tank? My calcium has always tested high and the alk is...
  14. kylev

280g Reef Tank Pics

Just thought I'd share some recent pic of my 280g L reef tank. Basic info on the tank is as follows Equip -reef octo skimmer -(2) ATI 48" 6x54W powermodules -(4) MP40's -100 g sump -20 g refug -Apex Aqua Controller -(2) 48" led moonlight strips -ATO -(2) 500w titanium finnex heaters Livestocks...
  15. kylev

Sohal Tang addition

I have a 280g reef tank with the following for fish Hippo tang 4-5" Purple tang 3-3.5" Crosshatch pair 6+" True perc pair 1 male 2 female flame wrasse (male and one female currently MIA) Starry blenny Green spot mandarin Orchid dottyback Flame angel Would a 2.5-3.5" Sohal tang be an addition...
  16. kylev

Converting to a 280g reef tank

Some of you guys could be current with my tank setup because I have had a thread going in the aggressive section for a while. I have a 280L tank with a 100g sump and probably 250-300 pounds of live rock. The basic equipment is (2) vortex MP40's, Pan world 1750 gph external pump, (2) 48" 6x54w...
  17. kylev

Mantis tank Diary

I recently started a 30g species only tank for a peacock mantis shrimp. I pulled the water and rock from my 280g tank and added 20 pounds of crushed coral, 20 pounds live sand and 15 pounds of regular sand. It's got a aqau clear 50 HOB filter. I broke up a bunch of rock for him to decoratate...
  18. kylev

Harlequin Tuskfish and Arcylic

Does anyone have any success stories with keeping a harlequin tusk in an arcylic tank without having him scratch the inside with his teeth? I've read a few horror stories but am curious if its a hit and miss cause I think I'm willing to risk it but dont want to add him if its definite...
  19. kylev

ICH/Lymphocyctis Help Plz

I recently noticed some spots on my coral beauty inside my QT tank. I'm guessing its either ICH or Lymphocyctis here are some pictures. I'm leaning towards treating with copper since I am going to be out of town from the 24-26 so need to handle it quickly. Any suggestions? Here are some pictures.
  20. kylev

Quick Question on adding sponges

I've heard numerous times that sponges can't be out of water which arrises my question of how do I get the sponge from the bag to the dt after I float it without either introducing the sponge to air or the bag water to my DT? I got the sponge from SWF so I'm floating it accordingly to their...