Search results

1. kiefers

System shot!

So, last weekend this guy, me, finally had some time to do a whole system clean up on his fish cage. Started out by cleaning off the glass the vacuuming up some of the substrate. Went and got some RO/DI water the a couple of days prior, dumped into the bin, and bought it to temperature. I later...
  2. kiefers

greatest chocholate chip cookie recipe

Any have any "I can't live without these cookies" recipe's? I'm not a baker, more of a cook. guide me wise ones.
  3. kiefers

Orange tile "looking" Reef Starfish

So, I got this text from my lovely Michelle that my step son, god love him, went to the fish shop and got me a starfish for christmas. I was at work when this happen and when I got home there it was. I can not find any literature on this reef critter and need some information on it. What does it...
  4. kiefers

Purple Rimme Monti has a few white patches. Advice needed.

I have a very nice, well established purple rim monti. This evening while feeding the sun corals I noticed this 1/4 inch white patch on the cap. It is on the dish itself about an inch from the edge. Looking at it closely with a magnifying glass it appears that the flesh itself is done. I have...
  5. kiefers

Bad salt reported

Some time this week some of my reef club members have come across a bad batch of Reef Crystals. Several people on other forums have reported the same issues with the Reef Crystals purchased from a dealer on another site. This bad batch is wiping out their systems killing corals, crabs, and some...
  6. kiefers

What are your thoughts

For the past several months, I have used Dt's live phytoplankton. I have seen results in all areas of my live stock, but I am unable to deterimine if it was due to the Dt or just my new way of doing certain things. Do any of you have any opinions on this product.
  7. kiefers

Hey......... where is 2Quills(Corey) these days?

any ideas? Scavenger hunt!
  8. kiefers

My 56 Gallon first video.

I have been trying to learn how to post a video, and I believe I got it! Keep your fingers crossed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aNnxQbE_2UA
  9. kiefers

Fragging equitment

10. kiefers

No power until late Wed.

So, as luck would have it, Northeast Indiana FINALLY got some rain, in the form of wind gusts of up to 91 mph. Of coarse, we lost our power and 68,000 people are also without power until late Wed. around midnight. And,....... once again, it is suppossed to be in the upper 90's to 100's all week...
  11. kiefers

Manetic Rock

Earlier this week I was reading one of my Coral Magazines and saw this fack rock with magnets. The idea is to be able to put the rocks on the glass or the back of the tanks. I thought about doing something like this when I saw it in person while in Orlando. We went to a fish shop and the srore...
  12. kiefers

I can't keep Zoa's alive!

Why? Everything else in my system thrives but not Zoa. Any thoughts on this phenomena?
  13. kiefers

A bad day got worse

So...... I go to work and all hell breaks loose. fellow staff members are yelling and the girls are screaming at each other, Management is freaking out because nothing got done and are more focused on what didn't get done throughout the day rather than helping out, and we were still getting...
  14. kiefers

One HUGE MAMA

. Need I say more when I say I have one big Bristle worm? Lol... And..... she is still wrapped around the rock aout another 3 inches!
  15. kiefers

Lets see those tanks!

I have been off this site more than on but I come back and there is nothing on, kinda like a boring night at the movies. So, from the vets to the noobs lets see your tanks. Show off your rock work, corals, fish, anything your proud of. After all, you have invested time and money into your pieces...
  16. kiefers

Refugium build

I was preparing to build a DSB refugium sometime soon using a 20 gallon long tank when I noticed this huge crack in the back of the tank. I will have to get another tank but I thought I would try and get build thread from some of our DIY gurus, (Corey, Shawn) and see what ya'll would do. I am...
  17. kiefers

Powerhead issue

I have a powerhead that seems to think it needs to go in reverse. Any quick fix advice or should I go get another one to replace it?
  18. kiefers

Green slimer question

I recently got a Green slimer and it seem to be loosing its color. Can someone please give me the tech term of this coral so I can check it out? Thanks
  19. kiefers

Alk and calcium

Every now and then I test my alkalinity but frequently check my calcium before every water change. Here lately My alk has been 8 but my calcium has been in the 600's. (today it was 620. Any thoughts or ideas on how I can correct this?
  20. kiefers

Kiefers UPDATED 56G REEF!

Some time ago I was asked if I had posted updates on my little piece of Ocean. I squimishly typed no and was hinted I should since I had not posted ANYTHING for some time. I also have a video, but I never posted a video before so I may need ya'lls assistance por favor. Muchas gracias!! Full tank...