Search results

1. hawkfish203

Vertex Illumina led lighting settings

Wanted to know if anyone using these lights have found good settings there corals seem to like?!?! I currently have mine set at 80% blue, 80% royal blue and 10% white.
  2. hawkfish203

New SWFS in Connecticut!

A new store opened up near me called Headie Corals! Its a really nice place! What is nice is its dedicated to just saltwater fish and coral. If your ever in the the area look it up. Its in North Haven CT. Happy Reefing
  3. hawkfish203

Large Purple tip anemone!

Looking for a good home for a 16" purple tip anemone hosting two clowns (one black one orange). The anemone is guessing about 10years old. I live in Connecticut. Please have experience with anemones.
  4. hawkfish203

Large purple tip anemone For Sale!

I am taking down my tank and have a very large purple tip anemone hosting two clowns (one black one orange). I believe it to be around 10 years old the guy I got it from said he got it from a guy who had it for 4-5 years and the person I got it from had it for 3 or so and I've had it for about...
  5. hawkfish203

Phoenix Worms?

I feed my Dragon phoneix worms and noticed on the site I get them from said they were good for large Tropical Fish. Has anyone ever fed there fish these?
  6. hawkfish203

Chaeto ?

I have chaeto in my fuge and recently added some other macro algae's and noticed that the chaeto looks like it's dying. Is it possible that the other algae is eating up the nutrients and killing the chaeto? I turned the light on the fuge up yesterday from 10 to 12hrs in hopes that, that might...
  7. hawkfish203

Refugium Pack W/live sand?

I bought a Refugium Pack that came with a few different macro algae and live sand. I don't really know about putting someone else's live sand in my tank there is definitely water in the bag but looks like someone just bagged there own sand.The place only sells macro algae and sand. What do you...
  8. hawkfish203

Not Happy With Hagen!!!

My fluval G6 broke down about four days ago and they still haven't got back to me!!!! Just wanted to vent!!!
  9. hawkfish203

Nitrate trouble ( possibly due to G6)

Seems my nitrates are pretty high and I'm wondering if it's caused by the G6 I'm running? It has these three baskets that you put what they call "G Nodes" Which they say "feature a complex pore system where beneficial bacteria will thrive" And going against my better judgement I have been going...
  10. hawkfish203

New Bulb Time Looking For Opinions!

I have a eight bulb set-up and it's time to get some new bulbs. I should add I have a few lps and mushroom corals and am looking to get more in the near future also. I was thinking about ATI 2 True actinic, 2 blue plus and 4 aquablue special which I think are 12,000. Would appreciate any opinions.
  11. hawkfish203

High phosphates trouble!

I noticed algae growing and decided to do a few phosphate tests. My Ro water is reading 004ppm and I changed all the filters the end of March. My tank is reading anywhere from 2.5-5. I just put some Kent phosphate sponge in my Fluval. I know that that will only bring it down about 1 but figured...
  12. hawkfish203

Red Slime algae in sump?

I have noticed a lot of red slime algae growing in my sump. Should I treat the algae or should I leave it? There is none in my DT. THANKS
  13. hawkfish203

Adding A New Clown?

About three months ago I had my female ocellaris jump out of the tank, so I bought a very small ocellaris in the hopes that they would get along and possibly the little guy would change into a female. Now When I first put him the larger male that had been in there went right after the little...
  14. hawkfish203

What Is Everyone's Favorite Background???

Wondering what everyone's favorite background is blue, black, fade, pictured, etc...
  15. hawkfish203

Diatom question

I recently moved my tank and now I have diatoms all over my LR. I know its common in new setups, but my question is will it effect any of my livestock? And do I wait it out and let it go away on its own or will some water changes help? Thanks!!!
  16. hawkfish203

SWF In the Mix Reef Pack ?

Was thinking of getting that SWF reef cleaning pack but, was thinking that my blueface might go after the lettuce nudi that came with it. What ya think???
  17. hawkfish203

Sump Cleaning ?

My sump is starting to build up alot of sediment. My question is how do you clean it? Can't get a siphon because its on the floor and tried to put a pump on the end but just sucked the sand right threw it too. Any ideas???
  18. hawkfish203

What is the best overflow box???

Wondering what the best overflow box is?
  19. hawkfish203

Tank Moving Question????

I am moving my tank tomorrow and am wondering if it would be better to put the fish into a 75g for a few days till the tank settles or should I just put them into the 125 as soon as I move it? I'm moving 100g water with the tank. Too much stress moving them twice?
  20. hawkfish203

New Skimmer Question

I'm thinking of getting a new skimmer the coralife isn't cutting it any more. Was thinking of the ASM G2 or G3, bigger better? Tank is a 125. Is a ASM a good upgrade from a coralife? Thanks