Search results

1. sweatervest13

biocube 14 light problem

Quote: Originally Posted by eteet07 The lights are the stock lighting that came with it, both are flourescent, the ballast seems like it would be a case of they wouldn't work at all or no? The biocubes come with a few light choices... T5's, Powercompacts, HQI... It sounds like 2quills has a...
  2. sweatervest13

biocube 14 light problem

What kind of light do you have?? It may be the ballast went bad.
  3. sweatervest13

75 Gallon build

That stinks about the basement flooding. But at least you get to make it your own now. You are super lucky to have the extra space for a fish room, I love mine. There were a few cool build threads going on here a while back. A few guys built some real nice auto top offs tied into RO/DI units...
  4. sweatervest13

75 Gallon build

Quote: Originally Posted by xandrew245x Okay, well what do you think of using a container with a float valve and a regular valve so when I need to fill I can open it and let it fill, the float will shut it off until I get back to shut the manual valve, then have an ATO hooked to a pump to top...
  5. sweatervest13

In Sump Protein Skimmer Suggestions

Quote: Originally Posted by Larry06 Sorry about that I forgot to give the measurement: Full Wet/Dry Measurements H18xW10xL16 Return Side Measurements (where I plan to put the skimmer) Height: 20" Length: 9" Width: 9" I will have to put the skimmer on the return section I have no other...
  6. sweatervest13

75 Gallon build

Good plan... One of my suggestions, Flower already addressed... It sounds like you are going to be drilling and connecting the sump and fuge?? Careful drilling the tanks. Fish room= awesome!! I would just say, maybe plan on saving some room in the sump area for some extras down the...
  7. sweatervest13

In Sump Protein Skimmer Suggestions

Reef Octopus is a good brand, but IDK if they have one that fits the footprint you have in your sump... Post a pic of the sump tank if you have one. They make a bunch of sizes so maybe one will fit.
  8. sweatervest13

sumps.

I agree with 2Quills on the sump. There are things you can do to dial it in and keep it pretty clean. The sump tank size can be misleading... You want a good footprint for the space you have available. I personally have a sump that is 48"x18"x18" ( I liked the extra depth for more water...
  9. sweatervest13

sumps.

Quote: Originally Posted by jay0705 Iam thinking of upgrading tanks. I want a 125 most likely. My question is this. Is a sump the best way to go for filtration? It will prob only be a fowlr tank Best is a very subjective term. But saying that... Sumps are a very good way to go because they...
  10. sweatervest13

Please help I think my yellow tang is in trouble

After seeing the pics of the rocks and such. I do not think you have enough rock for the biological filter on the tank... Do you have your own test kits? Here is another link.. This one is on the three types of filtration for a SW tank. Its a good read...
  11. sweatervest13

Quote: Originally Posted by sassy16 Well I was told to change 25% of the water once a month. Then about about three weeks in the LF S told me to do a water change so I did. Then about two weeks later they told me I should change 5% of the water one week and 10% the following week and change...
  12. sweatervest13

Folks on the forums do not benefit by selling you things that you may not need. LFS do... They are in the business of selling fish. They don't mind if you buy a couple and they don't make it... That way you come back and buy more, or they sell you an additive to add to the tank for a quick...
  13. sweatervest13

Quote: Originally Posted by sassy16 I have a 55 gallon fish tank that is about 2 mo old. I have my water tested weekly at my lfs. Friday they tested my water and said it was almost perfect my nitrates were a little high but my tank just cycled. I have live rock, live sand, two clown fish, a fox...
  14. sweatervest13

Question about new live rock I just got.

Quote: Originally Posted by trigger40 ive been reading this post and i find what yall are saying to be interesting but i have a question. i have a qt to but i dont have a fish in ther, i this bad?or is it ok but you just perfer to do that I keep a fish in there to make sure it is an...
  15. sweatervest13

New to salt

FOWLR= Fish Only With Live Rock But you said you have some Kenya tree coral in there so you kinda have a reef tank now. You might want to look into some articles on filtration. There are lots out there that can give you a more complete understanding of SW tank filtration and nutrient...
  16. sweatervest13

stupid people.

Anyone want to take bets on when this thread gets locked???
  17. sweatervest13

Question about new live rock I just got.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flower You would be surprised, I found a refugium store on-line (not allowed to post the link) ...everything for getting one all set up. Breeding copepods, amphipods and such...4 microstars cost over $25.00, plus they add shipping costs on top of it. Color me...
  18. sweatervest13

upgrading to a 180 from a 90 with metal halide and I want to go led..Opinions!?

Quote: Originally Posted by swansondan They look really nice but outta my price range. They are pretty much the same unit as a D120 but a few extra features. The D120 are perfectly fine units and they should (3 units) cover a 180g (even the width).
  19. sweatervest13

My Biocube 29

Quote: Originally Posted by Happyfeet Hi, Thanks for the feedback. I always question my choice of aquascaping, but with only 30 gallons to work with I believe the extra filtration they provide is invaluable. I'm running Evergrow IT2040 LEDs with the Blue and White leds on different channels...
  20. sweatervest13

upgrading to a 180 from a 90 with metal halide and I want to go led..Opinions!?

Quote: Originally Posted by swansondan Hello, I am upgrading my tank soon and also want to switch to leds at the same time. I have been struggling on picking which ones I want. I think I have it down to three choices..Please let me know which ones your prefer and why. Thanks Evergrow d2120...