Search results

1. along

Magnesium dosing

Hey guys so my magnesium is low and I went to the lfs and bought a magnesium supplement called MAGNESION. And after reading the instructions I was a bit confused it read add 5ml for every 20 gallons how would I do this with a nuvo pico 4 gallon tank I would rather not over dose and kill my whole...
  2. along

weird looking green thing.

[/IMG]
  3. along

A year into the addiction...

Okay so a little over a year into the saltwater addiction I have a crazy question. Is it weird that my tank is spotless? and has no algae? I remember reading something on this forum and the person said if you don't have any algae you have a problem. I had a very short outbreak of cyano algae but...
  4. along

Nitrate problems.

I have been having nitrate problems since the hurricane came threw the east coast. The power was out for 3 days. I just wanted to know what I can do to lower the nitrates? I have been doing 5 gallon water changes once a week (30g tank) and feeding much less. I also have been changing my filter...
  5. along

sump vs hob

So I have been trying to decide if I should go with a sump over my 2 hob bio wheel filters (550 gph) and cant understand what makes sumps better besides the added water volume. If I were to do a sump it would be a 10 gallon tank under my 30 high. Would it be worth doing with a 10 gallon? or just...
  6. along

Blue- Purple algea??

i just notice that i have a blueish purple algae growing in my tank i don't think that this is Coraline because it doesn't have the same characteristics as the Coraline I've seen in some peoples tanks. i will upload a picture in a few i have to run out the door. does anyone have an idea what it...
  7. along

really want to get into corals

i really would like to get into some different corals but dont have the money to buy a high power light i was wondering if with the current lights i have now ( 2-17 watt 50/50 flourecent bulbs) could i do something. if so could you guys let me no what i could purchase.... thank you
  8. along

moving to new home.

Crazy question... I'm moving into a new home and haven't decided on the best method to move my tank and fish into the new house. Is there an easy way to do this. has anyone attempted to do this before if so could you give me some pointers or tips.thank you
  9. along

weird question?

I have a weird maybe stupid question. I have had my tank for about 7 months and I'm very bored with the look of it. Is it safe to go in and move stuff around. I have 2 clown fish, 1 bi-color blennie ,1 coral beauty ,8 blue leg hermit crabs ,6 red hermit crabs ,5 snails,2 feather dusters, and two...
  10. along

tank size???gallons

Sorry if I'm in the wrong message board but I just had a bigger tank given to me and I'm not sure on the actual size of the tank. The dimensions are off a little but close length- 3ft width-1ft 6 inch height-2ft 1 inch thank you in advance
  11. along

live rock question

One of my friends recently gave me 50 pounds of live rock which was in his tank for awhile. Is there anything i should do before i put this in my tank or can i just put it right in
  12. along

awesome help!!!

Just wanted to say Thank you to the awesome people that helped me threw my first salt water tank you guys are great.I have learned much from you guys thank you.
  13. along

PH Question.

Hello everyone i have a quick question i just did a water test and everything seems to be okay except my PH. Here's the readings. nitrate-0 nitrite-0 ammonia-0 and PH- 8.4 i have a fish only tank is this a safe PH level Thank You.
  14. along

lost

i recently started a 30 gallon salt water tank and I'm just Lost how do you no when the cycling process is over i have had my new tank running for about 4 months now with little to no success every time i try a fish it last for about 3 days and then dies i have 20 pounds of live rock and all the...