Search results

1. okiereefer2

I'm kinda nervous

have run my 120 gal reef tank with 2 emporer400 biowheels, a protein skimmer, and 2 power heads for the last 12 years... finally tired of the noisy biowheels needing cleaned/ replaced, and really tired of lookin at em.. tomorrow arrives a Hydor professional external cannister filter---eco system...
  2. okiereefer2

Bristleworms??

Took off my Remora protein skimmer for what I felt was a much needed cleaning.(was that a mistake?) Found several of these in the goop in the bottom if the body of the skimmer. Rinsed them off with tank water an put them in the skimmer cup til I figure out what to do with them. Thoughts? Thanks
  3. okiereefer2

Any ideas??

Picked up a new feather duster at local store..few days later these guys popped up..Anyone know what they are?Looks like little fans
  4. okiereefer2

overrun with baby brittles?

Bought a couple of brittlestars from swf.com about 1 1/2 yrs ago for our 120 reef tank..Theyve probably doubled in size(10-12" tip to tip, at least), and right now, with just a quick search of the rocks, could easily find 100 sets of tiny legs poking out, feeling around the rocks. These are all...
  5. okiereefer2

shrimp disappeared

had 2 beautiful blood shrimp and a dozen or so peppermint disappear almost overnight shortly after introducing 2 brittlestars..didnt think they would take out live tankmates, especially something as fast as shrimp..other than some snails that will definitely jump on anything that will lay still...
  6. okiereefer2

new tang?

I have a large Hippo, a med-lrg yellow and a med-large naso in a 120 gal...Anyone see any problem with adding a powder brown? The 3 get along well, some occasional sparring between the hippo and naso, but only when cleaning up the last scraps of dinner it seems. Also a Maroon clown, but didnt...
  7. okiereefer2

need HOB protein skimmer

Most posts on this subject are a couple of years old or older. Thought there might be some new info .Any suggestions for a reasonably priced hob for my 120 gal? Thanks
  8. okiereefer2

Speaking of blennies...............

We got a tribal blennie and absolutely love him--tons of personality, plus awesome markings that change according to his mood. Does anyone know if adding a 2nd tribal would cause any problems?
  9. okiereefer2

Mystery coral--mystery growth

Got this mystery coral from swf.com--not sure what it is, but it's done well--but this weekend we noticed some new, white, almost cocoon-like growths appeared. Sorry for the poor picture quality, but can anyone identify the coral and the white things? Thanks
  10. okiereefer2

MOLTING? OR DEAD?

One of my first sand sifters was a horseshoe crab. We never saw too much of him but when he did come out he was quite entertaining. Well yesterday we came home and here was what seemed to be our horseshoe crab, floating around in the current, dead. except, it was clear, like you find floating...
  11. okiereefer2

Grrrr...BTA wants to be in the dark?

BTA keeps moving to the back(dark) side of my live rock. Ive turned the rock a couple of times, putting him back out front, trying to close the gaps he could get through, bur he still managed to squeeze through to the back, with the maroon clown faithfully following. I'm tired of moving the...
  12. okiereefer2

1 of our percs getting pale

It took them about a month to finally host the LTA. Now that they have, you hardly ever see them anymore--just a quick glimpse every now and then when feeding. One of the percs face is nearly white now and the res of his body has definitely lost some color too. Is this at all normal? Thanks