Search results

1. jburgi

Mandarin Goby

I took a HUGE gamble last july. My LFS went out of buisness, and as an afterthought I bought their last sad, underweight, little mandarin. I didn't add any copepods, and it was so little and skinny I didn't expect it to live long. Now its huge! Colors are super bright, its about 4 in., and has a...
  2. jburgi

Found this creature yesterday

He is about the size of a half dollar. The green part is hard. He looks like he is wearing an army helmet :) His skin on the outside is a bit rough. He is SUPER fast. Any ideas? I pulled him just in case....can I put him back in?
  3. jburgi

Getting new lights soon-need advice

Been watching the temp very close. So far it has stayed the same.
  4. jburgi

so pretty much no more fish just corals That's the plan :)
  5. jburgi

Slice's 47g Coral Evolution

Quote: Originally Posted by Slice What lighting did you get? Hopefully it is something you will be satisfied with for a good while. This is the fixture I ended up getting
  6. jburgi

I have an orange spot goby, 2 firefish, and a maroon clown
  7. jburgi

Quote: Originally Posted by GeoJ Is that light the T5, 150MH combo? Put the candy cane down on the bottom. yes it is...so far I am really liking it
  8. jburgi

I am not sure what I want to do.....I really really want a candy cane coral....and a leather of some sort...other than that I am not entirely sure!
  9. jburgi

My new lights sit about 4" above the top of the tank. I was thinking that after a couple weeks I would take the glass top off. My lights are def not as awesome as yours, but I am very excited to finally be able to put something other than mushrooms in my tank!
  10. jburgi

NEW LIGHTS!!!!!! Too bad I broke one of my pumps yesterday.......
  11. jburgi

Do you still use the glass lid that came with the tank, or is it open?
  12. jburgi

I don't really have a way to raise the lights.....should I just not plug all of the lights in? Also, right now there is a glass lid on the top. Should I just keep it as is, or should I take it off? Thanks guys! I just got them, I am really excited to check them out. The tank is in my daughters...
  13. jburgi

Hey now ! New to Forum

So I did fresh for about 5 years before switching to salwater........best decision EVER! I went from someone who enjoyed fishkeeping, to a TOTAL SALTWATER CREEPER! I just wish I had lots of money. When first switching I planned on doing only the minimal....problem was....THIS IS SO ADDICTING...
  14. jburgi

My lights are scheduled to be here tomorrow!!! I am so excited!!!!! Question; So a friend of mine told me that all of my current coral (which is 5 different mushrooms) might shrivel when I get my new lights, and that I should lower the lights for a few weeks to get them use to it. So first of...
  15. jburgi

My 125 Build

LOVE IT!
  16. jburgi

Ok...bought my lights! Hope they rock!
  17. jburgi

Tiffany's 400G build thread

Very sad about "the dog" :( my condolences [hr]
  18. jburgi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY coolest tank EVER!
  19. jburgi

Goby/shrimp pair

Good news and bad news.... First the good news. They pair were just spotted canoodling together in the corner of the tank! Now the bad news....They are in the far corner of the tank! The one corner that I cannot easily get to! JERKS! If they were in one of the other 3 corners I could easily...
  20. jburgi

Goby/shrimp pair

I will try to get pics as soon as I can. I haven't seen the pistol since I added him, but the goby seems content enough to hang out