Search results

1. pfcbizz

lose of fish

Hello I have a 180 gallon tall aquarium I put 11 Green Chromis in my tank they were doing very good, but I did lose 3 of them because I removed them now I only see 1 my concern is where are the others or where did they go ? my water parameters are good I am very attentize of my fish, now I do...
  2. pfcbizz

this line up for a 180 gal

I have a 180 gallon tall and what do you think of this line up, and in what oder would you introduce them
  3. pfcbizz

Fish selection suggestions

Hello, Ive been working on my 180 gal tall acrylic tank and I'm getting to the point I'm bout to get it running, and I want to start early researching my fish selection and I've had alot of type of fish I want but as of now I can only agree with 2 type and they are : 1. King Angel 2. Sailfin...
  4. pfcbizz

Pump size and fitting for a 1 1/2 piping

I'm running a 1 1/2 inch pvc piping as my drain and return plumbing, my question is will I need to use any type of adaptors to connect to a return pump and what size pump should I run on my 180 gallon ?
  5. pfcbizz

bulkhead sizing and pipe sizing

Hello, I asking what size pipe I need for a 1 1/4 bulkhead ?
  6. pfcbizz

populating my wife's 100 Gal fish only tank with copepods

Hey everyone I have ordered a 16oz bag of live copepods for my wife's 100 gallon fish only tank and as of now it has 4 emerald crabs, snails, and a Green Chromis plus I have 9 more Chromis in Quaritine but my question is because I want the tank to populate with copepods as a food source alone...
  7. pfcbizz

building a QT tank with a divider

Hello I want to switch to a bigger QT tank like a 20 or 30 gallon and put a divider to be able to QT multiple fish at once what do you guys think
  8. pfcbizz

King and Queen in the same tank

Hello SWFF Members, I'm wanting to know if it would be ok for a King and Queen angel to be in the same tank ? the tank is 180 gallons
  9. pfcbizz

Installing a UV Sterilizer

On my new build a 180 gallon acrylic I want to add a UV Sterilizer but wonder what size, watts should I get ?
  10. pfcbizz

Protein skimmer and return pump sizes

I'm putting together a new build a 180 gallon drill acrylic which will have a sump/ refug in the bottom so I'm looking for advise on the sizes of protein skimmer and return pump to get the best water flow ?
  11. pfcbizz

Adding fish

Hello I want to ask advise on how much time should I talk in between the QT and adding fish into my DT so I don't overload it
  12. pfcbizz

putting copepods and Micro algae in a refugium

would it be ok to put copepods and Micro algae in a refugium together ?
  13. pfcbizz

using a epoxy over acrylic non-toxic paint

Hey everyone, I wonder if you need a epoxy clear coat over non-toxic paints, I'm building a custom overflow box for my 180 gallon saltwater aquarium and found non-toxic paints that I plan to use to paint the box after I'm done building it, but my question is do I need to put a clear epoxy coat...
  14. pfcbizz

woke up to find all my fish died

I woke up today and found all my fish died, they were fine last night, so I took a test on my water and the ph was 8.0 but the rest of the parameters were good mind you this is the second time this has happened in the past 3 weeks, I do a 10% - 15% water change every two weeks I don' over feed I...
  15. pfcbizz

In what order should I add

I've been putting together my fish selection for my 180 gallon tank, but I want to see in what order I should introduce them ? I know that the Trigger and the Angel will be the last to be added, so here is the other choices. 1. Volition Lionfish 2. Sailfin Tang 3. Flame Hawkfish - Maybe and...
  16. pfcbizz

selecting tankmates for a Cream Angelfish

Hello I was thinking of trying a cream angelfish in my 180 gallon when it's up and running, but my other selections will be a Voliton Lionfish, Niger Trigger, Sailfin Tang to name a few and I'm wondering if these tankmates ok, I've read that these selections are threats but I seen at my local...
  17. pfcbizz

bulkhead sizing

for a 2" bulkhead what size overflow pipe and return fittings would be needed 1 1/2 ? advice is appreciated
  18. pfcbizz

housing a Queen Angelfish

Hello I wonder if it's a good ideal to house a Queen Angelfish in a 180 gallon aquarium, I just upgraded to a 180 gallon acrylic tank from a 100 gallon glass tank and want to house a Queen angelfish once I setup, cycle and allow m tank to mature for 6 months and was told at my LFS that it would...
  19. pfcbizz

snails in a sump

is it ok to have snails inside your sump ?
  20. pfcbizz

Drains and returns

Hello SWF I've been gone for awhile but I'm back, and I got questions, I just bought a 180 gallon acrylic aquarium that is already drilled and I wonder if it possible to have the drain without pipes and overflow boxes and if so what the name of this type of method ?