Search results

1. lcaldwell85

New Pics of Aquascape, 72 Gal Bowfront

Okay, it's been awhile since I've posted to the forum, so on my lunch break I took several photos of my new aquascape. Please ignore the filthy sandbed, I intend to clean it very shortly and would have waited, but no time like the present... and I'm sure you've all seen your share of dirty sand...
  2. lcaldwell85

120 Build

Hello fellow fish-heads! It's been awhile since I've posted but I've definitely been surfing and viewing! Well, my husband has completed his official transformation into salt-water dorkdom and has purchased me a slightly used 120 gallon tank. It was am amazing steal, though it needs a little...
  3. lcaldwell85

It ever ends! Help please FAST! Ich problems!

Well I've had ich in my main display for awhile, and the problem is I haven't been able to obtain a tank that I feel large enough to accomodate all of my fish. Well, the ich has come back, and with a vengeance. Due to the fact that I have agressive species that would not do well with one another...
  4. lcaldwell85

Help please! Sick Clown!

My husband and I went to dinner last night and decided to stop by the LFS on the way home. I recently lost "nemo"'s mate (strange, fish showed no signs of stress or disease whatsoever, just woke up one morning with him belly up... All the other fish are still fine, water tests fine, which I will...
  5. lcaldwell85

Hitchhiker ID

I tried to zoom in on some shots I already took using a photo editor to see if I could make the images a bit more clear, and I'm aware of the slight cyano problem on the baserock (Thanks Rick!) But, while that seems to be receeding with a bit of decreased feeding and rearranging powerheads...
  6. lcaldwell85

Best Cleaner Shrimp

Well, I've got the dreaded ich in my main display. It's not feasible at this juncture to try to QT all of my fish. I've come to the conclusion it's going to be impossible to quarantine them after spending several hours chasing my coral beauty with a net and succeeding in doing nothing more than...
  7. lcaldwell85

LR Question (hope this doesn't sound too stupid...)

Hey guys, I've heard a lot of mixed things when it comes to live rock, base rock, etc... So I'm still pretty confused. Thus far I've been trying to stick to a healthy amount of live rock v/s base rock. Today a friend of my husband's provided him with some dried out LR, that hasn't been in an...
  8. lcaldwell85

Pictures, finally

Okay, so the camera I used isn't the greatest, so please ignore the quality! LOL. Also, the water isn't hazy, as you can note from a side angled shot. When I got too close to the glass the light would glare, creating the haze effect. Please ignore my diatom bloom, it's finally starting to die...
  9. lcaldwell85

Stocking a 72 gallon Bowfront

Hey guys! I'm finally to the point with live rock and base rock that I can continue stocking my tank, and I was hoping for some colorful (I'm going for real rainbows here! ) suggestions. Thus far I have a pair of mated false percula clowns, a single green chromis, and a coral beauty. There's...
  10. lcaldwell85

Condy Anemone/Watts per Gallon

Hi guys! I was just wondering, does anyone have experience with keeping anemone in a low light setting? I'm leary of my LFS on this point. Typically everything my sales person tells me is spot on, he knows that I always keep one step in front of my purchases via googling and this forum. I have...
  11. lcaldwell85

Revision on Question Re: Canister Filtration/Surface Aggitation

Okay, I think I worded my initial query in such a way that I'm still questioning some aspects of my decision to move the spray bar beneath the water. After researching online I think I've come to a better worded version of the question. How much is too much surface aggitation, and how much is...
  12. lcaldwell85

Cascade Canister Filter

Hey guys, I just had a quick question about my canister filter. I'm having a bit of a diatom issue in the tank right now, and I think it's a flow issue. (aside from the silicates in the sand, etc... I think if I had something stronger to blow everything around a bit then it couldn't settle as...
  13. lcaldwell85

When to add a yellow tang/Live Rock Questions

Hello! This will be my first post to your community forum. I happened onto it after having a very unpleasant experience with another forum online from someone who obviously needs manner lessons, so I will repeat my question here. I have a fully cycled 72 gallon bowfront tank, the last of the...