Search results

1. i like fish

125 gallon, fully loaded-Rockford IL

Hi all, I am trying to sell a 125 gallon reef tank. 200pounds live rock, lots of LPS and soft corals. A pair of clowns, yellow tang, flame angel, pyjama cardinalfish, lawnmower blenny, 640 watts vho with 2 icecap ballasts, sump, euroreef cs6-3, 20 gallon fuge with caulerpa, ph monitor...
  2. i like fish

Candy coral frags to trade-northern IL

I have several frags of this coral to sell or trade. It's done very well in the upper half of my 125 under VHO only. I really would like to avoid shipping, so I hope I can find some locals who are interested. E-mail is Jerlis100@insightbb.com
  3. i like fish

Acrylic tank/fuge northern IL

I bought 2 of these and decided to only use one. Bottom and 3 sides are blue, top and front is one piece of bent acrylic. They were part of the display at a local pet store. It is pre-drilled and includes the return bulkhead (you will need a supply bulkhead). Dimensions are 24LX10 7/8 tallX14w...
  4. i like fish

VHO bulbs & algae

I seem to remember reading that old bulbs can cause algea outbreaks. I have 640 watts of VHO on Icecap ballasts over a 2 year old 125 gallon tank . My bulbs are 10 months old and I plan to get new ones at 12 months. Is it possible the age of the bulbs is partly responsible for a few patches of...
  5. i like fish

Filter bags

What micron size should filter bags coming from my overflows into my sump be for a reef tank? I want to filter out crud, but not so fine that it catches phyto and such. 25, 55, 100 and 200 are my choices with the products I am looking at.
  6. i like fish

orange hermits?

I just got some scarlet hermits at the fish store. I noticed a couple of them are something different. They have orange and white striped legs with one large white/beige claw and one small claw. What are these???
  7. i like fish

7 gallon mini bowfront northern IL

I have a 7 gallon mini bowfront that I used to use for a QT. I never used copper in it. Includes light, heater, mini whisper filter. Would make a good nano, QT, or fuge if you can figure out some plumbing. First $50 takes it, no shipping. I'm in Rockford IL.
  8. i like fish

55 in northern IL

I have a 55 with a broken top brace. Free if anyone wants it. It starts to bow badly if over 3/4 full.
  9. i like fish

Feeding question-sump users

Do you shut off your return pump when you feed? It seems like a lot of food goes down my overflows.
  10. i like fish

Old coral?

I was just thinking about this and had to ask. Does coral get old and die? Most tank deaths you hear of are related to certain events or conditions. I always hear of propegation and spawning events, but nothing about natural coral death. Is it possible that there are coral in the ocean that have...
  11. i like fish

Save my brain! northern IL

Med. sized brain coral bought at Petland in Rockford on Saturday. My flame angel will not leave it alone and it has fully retracted it's tissue. If someone would like to rescue it let me know. NO SHIPPING.
  12. i like fish

Why no live food?

I've been reding this forum and lots of people are saying not to feed lionfish goldfish or guppies. Why is this bad to do?
  13. i like fish

crab ID please

Is this a teddy bear crab? I couldn't find much info on the web. Is it harmless? My tank has been up for a year and half and this is the first time I've seen it. It practically crawed into the net so I was able to put it in a glass and get a good pic.I'd say it's 3/4" wide.
  14. i like fish

lighting question

I currently have 640 watts of VHO over a 125 gallon tank. The only complaints I've heard about VHO is that they don't penetrate as well as MH. I do not plan to upgrade to MH, but I was wondering if there would be a benefit to adding 2 more VHO bulbs. Right now I have URI bulbs, 2 super actinic...
  15. i like fish

Fungia question

Is it normal for a fungia to close up for a couple days after a meal? It grabbed a good size chunk of krill on it's first day in my tank (Saturday) and has been shrunken since.
  16. i like fish

who wants green star polyps?

I have a rock full of gsp's, almost fist sized. Sell or trade for coral or equipment.
  17. i like fish

Blue legs for sale or trade

Lots of blueleg hermits, make an offer.
  18. i like fish

ID, snail with no shell?

I saw this guy cruising around the tank today, fast! What the heck is it?
  19. i like fish

B Ionic users

I was just curious how much you all have had to deviate from the starting dosage to keep your levels where you want them. The instructions say 1 ml per 4 gallons if not using kalkwasser. I have had to go up to 1 ml per 2.5 gallons to keep my tank at 3.0 alk and 425 ca. I did just start using it...
  20. i like fish

ID please

Is this some kind of flatworm? It looks like it's armored, like an armadillo kinda. I've seen a couple, always on the rock, and they move very slowly. Is it harmful? Pic below.........